Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

4Mbps Telkom Home Unlimited uncapped deal

I decided to add the D-link modem to my home uncapped deal on the 4Mbps promotion of R599 per month on a 24 month contract.

Heard that Telkom will eventually intergrate the 4Mbps line speed to 10Mbps line speed - When this will happen ? We wait to see !

But here is my main question at this time.........

1. Why don't i get a free 1GB mobile sim card with the contract I just signed up for? and

2. Why can't i be supplied with a IDS to use on my mobile wifi using my uncapped data FUP ?

A Telkom representative responded to the above questions would be welcoming.

Moderator Moderator

Re: 4Mbps Telkom Home Unlimited uncapped deal

Hi @Marius-Flash

We recently introduced these new UNLIMITEDhome packages. Customers who were on 2mbps Uncapped deals have had their line speeds moved to 4mbps, and those on 4mbps have been bumped to 8/10mbps. 4mbps UNLIMITEDhome at R599 is the new speed and price.

Your UNLIMITEDhome contract does come with a Mobile SIM with 1Gb data. Please check with a store and see if they can issue you with a SIM.

As for the IDS (Integrated Data Service), currently it is an addon to Capped Internet bundles (Do Internet or Capped Fibre). Check this link for more info - https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/plan/integrated-data-service/

The question as to whether you can get IDS on Uncapped with your FUP has been raised with our Product House, so we will wait and see in future if this is viable.

output_Svao80.gif

NC wrote:

Hi @Marius-Flash

We recently introduced these new UNLIMITEDhome packages. Customers who were on 2mbps Uncapped deals have had their line speeds moved to 4mbps, and those on 4mbps have been bumped to 8/10mbps. 4mbps UNLIMITEDhome at R599 is the new speed and price.

Your UNLIMITEDhome contract does come with a Mobile SIM with 1Gb data. Please check with a store and see if they can issue you with a SIM.

As for the IDS (Integrated Data Service), currently it is an addon to Capped Internet bundles (Do Internet or Capped Fibre). Check this link for more info - https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/plan/integrated-data-service/

The question as to whether you can get IDS on Uncapped with your FUP has been raised with our Product House, so we will wait and see in future if this is viable.

Hi NC

Is Telkom increasing the line speed only for Fibre or for ADSL as well ?

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have just been upgraded to the Unlimitedhome ADSL 4Mbps. I have a Telkom Mobile SIM activated and FICA'd.

How can I get the free 1GB of data added to the SIM I already have? It is on prepaid.

Also, both my ADSL account and Mobile account are linked to MyTelkom account

Thanks.

Best wishes,

Harry

To elaborate, I was on the 4Mbps ADSL with a CAP before being upgraded. I opted to stay with 4Mbps. So I already had my router.

I also had a SIM card before the upgrade to UnlimitedHome that was not specificly for the 1GB free data. However, I would like to use THAT SIM I had to have the 1GB monthly data added to it. How would I get this done?

Can I do it online?

Or

Can I do it calling 10210?

or

Do I have to go to a store? If this is the only option, what would I need to take with me to a store? ID, proof of residence?

I am trying to avoid going to the store, as it would require taking time from work to do so. But will do so if it is the only option.

Hi,

I have upgraded from a 4 Mbps Uncapped account to the 10Mbps deal for R799 2 months ago, I also have a D-Link router.

Never had issues on the 4 Mbps line even got 5Mbps at times BUT since my upgrade to 10 Mbps line my speed has dropped below 4 Mbps.

I am struggling for 2 months now to get Telkom to come to my premesis to test the line as the call center just keeps on recreating my port and resseting it, I have changed routers, cables you name it.

So my advise is stay on the 4 Mbps line for as long as possible, I am suppose to get up to 40 Mbps in my street but can even get 5 Mbps on my 10 Mbps line.

I am at a point where I just want to cancel the service, been with them for years but the past 2 months has been dissapointing.

Dear Telkom

I am at my wits end with poor service on an issue I have submitted a complaint about. The complaint has been ignored, so below is the complaint I submitted to Customer Care 3 days ago with no response from you.

Complaint as submitted via email...

Dear Sir / Madam

I recently upgraded to the Telkom UnlimitedHome 4Mbps uncapped deal. The ADSL line number is 016 423 4638. An Integrated data SIM of 1GB per month is meant to be part of the deal.

I called the sales department on the 28th August and they referred me to a Telkom Store to obtain a SIM and have it activated.

I went to the Telkom Store at Vaal Mall on the 29th August and was assisted by Lydia. She gave me a SIM card and due to technical problems, promised me that it would be activated later in the day.

On the 31st August and 1th September I called the store as the SIM was not activated. They referred me to the technical department by dialling 10210.

I spoke to Sibongile at the Johannesburg division and she assigned a reference number of 2383083.

My SIM card is still not activated. I called the Technical department today, 9th September and they referred me back to Sales.

So Sales refers me to the Store, they refer me to the technical department, and they refer me back to Sales.

This is unacceptable. I have waited 2 weeks, jumped through all the hoops as instructed and a service I pay for is not active. Telkom has always had good service and this is disappointing. 

I demand that is get resolved

Please get back to me with a solution as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/ADSL-VDSL-Fibre/ADSL-Upgrade-from-2Mbps-to-4Mbps/td-p/6013

sirkalliemarie wrote:

Hi,

I have upgraded from a 4 Mbps Uncapped account to the 10Mbps deal for R799 2 months ago, I also have a D-Link router.

Never had issues on the 4 Mbps line even got 5Mbps at times BUT since my upgrade to 10 Mbps line my speed has dropped below 4 Mbps.

I am struggling for 2 months now to get Telkom to come to my premesis to test the line as the call center just keeps on recreating my port and resseting it, I have changed routers, cables you name it.

So my advise is stay on the 4 Mbps line for as long as possible, I am suppose to get up to 40 Mbps in my street but can even get 5 Mbps on my 10 Mbps line.

I am at a point where I just want to cancel the service, been with them for years but the past 2 months has been dissapointing.

Hi 

I got a call from the store and was assisted by the lady that helped me the first time. 

They were excellent in resolving my complaint. 

I'm glad I can conplain and still keep a good relationship with them.

Thanks for seeing to my complaint Telkom.

Kind regards,

Harry

Frequent Contributor

Hello please share with us what Telkom did to resolve your problem?

About This Post
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 9 Contributors