Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ADSL Application Order nr 310554179A Dated Oct 2018 rejected due to infrastructure (Benoni Gauteng)

Application was approved, but then cancelled due to no “Leads” available. Pre-existing infrastructure was destroyed, but could be restored with minimal cost. Just one Pole and few meters of cable, but my Order gets cancelled without even on-site evaluation. With a real steady decline in ADSL market share I would have thought that new potential customers would be embraced. Sincerely hope application gets reconsideration.

Or advise how to go about resolve, please
Regards Bennie (bennie.vanrensburg@ergafrica.com)

Valued Contributor

Re: ADSL Application Order nr 310554179A Dated Oct 2018 rejected due to infrastructure (Benoni Gaute

Hi @Bennie1

Sorry to hear this - so frustrating that they cancelled without offering an alternative . 

I understand Telkom often won’t repair/ replace adsl infrastructure nowadays as it’s gradually being phased out , but will usually offer you an alternative connection, like FLLA . 

Unfortunately we can’t help with Telkom service ( we’re customers in the forum) but try their support options here :  Telkom Service Channels: How to get Help

Check what connections are available at your address on their coverage map

https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/ucm/

Change to fibre if at all possible - generally faster, more reliable and best future proofing,   but either way call 10213 to see what they can offer you, or post a message to a media support team below for decent response & feedback. 

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope this helps, good luck - please let us know what happens.

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors