Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ADSL Contract Cancellation

After being unable to assist with moving my ADSL line, or upgrading my contract to a fibre package, I had no other choice but to cancel my contract with Telkom as they could no longer provide me with the services I needed. 

After confirming the correct procedure on numerous occasions with various different consultants, I submitted my cancellation request online (as per their instructions) This was 01 July 2018 - case no. 23810251 & 23869660. 19 days later, I received written confirmation from Telkom stating that my request had been processed and resolved. 

After a precautionery call to Telkom some days thereafter, I was told that my cancellation would only be processed 30 days after this confirmation from Telkom - i.e. even though I had given my 'notice to cancel' Telkom would still take another 30 before my contract was officially ended. 

It is now the end of September and I am still being billed for my cancelled contract - or rather, what I thought was cancelled. Telkom has recently informed me that the contract has not been cancelled but is instead suspended due to non-payment from me. Also, the order I attempted to make regarding a fibre package is still reflecting, therefore making Telkom 'unable' to cancel my contract - even though I requested the cancellation of that order far prior to trying to cancel my contract! Thus, I am not only still being billed, but the request I made was not actually ever processed at all! 

Every call or online chat made with a consultant regarding this has proved fruitless, as although I am given names and references - 'proof' that work is being done - upon following up, all prior progress made is erased from the system, forcing me to start again! 

I would really appreciate some clarity on this issue, even if it means some poor unfortunate soul has suffered what I have - I need clarity on this! 

Valued Contributor

Re: ADSL Contract Cancellation

Hi @Rella1997

Sorry to see what’s happening to you . Beyond frustrating, especially when your adsl cancellation was confirmed in July . 

We’re customers in the forum and Telkom won’t see your post here,  but you should message an urgent complaint to a Telkom media team (below) and email a copy to support@telkom.co.za for decent feedback and results.  Include your contract details, all your cancellation related refs & dates, and details of the disputed charges. 

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

According to Telkom’s website your final bill should be 60 days after the online cancellation date, which you mentioned was 1 July, They usually adjust any incorrect charges on the ‘final’  bill.

Then if you receive no acceptable response, you could submit a complaint to ICASA :- 

https://www.icasa.org.za/pages/consumer-complaints-procedure

Good luck, please let us know what happens.

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors