Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ADSL Installation

Two weeks ago a Telkom techician came to install my DSL line. It has been done but I am still not being able to connect. I have phoned 10210 and they said my line needs to be activated by calling 10213. I called 10213 and they said the line is broken somewhere and it needs to be fixed. I don't want to phone back and forward! What can I do to resolve this problem as it is a freshly installed line and I don't see how anything can be broken. I think they just need to activate it. What is the easiest way to do this and not wait 3 hours calling them on 10210? I have my username and password from Afrihost but I don't even get dailing tone on my line.

Valued Contributor

Re: ADSL Installation

Hi @Scarecr0w

Sorry we can’t assist with service issues - we’re customers like you. (no Telkom support agents manning the forum) .

Try messaging your order ref & details to a  Telkom media team fo decent feedback & results , or perhaps  Afrihost will help escalate the line fault with Openserve to get activation ? 

AH website says :- 

“Moving your line to us means that we take care of everything to do with your DSL line rental, including troubleshooting when there are problems. We’ll log faults with Openserve and follow up so you can relax while we handle things for you - you’ll always have peace of mind! “ 

Telkom media support  :-

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope this helps. 

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors