Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Casual Visitor
Accepted Solution

ADSL Line - No internet access Douglasdale

All lights on my router are green, but I haven't had internet access since Monday 21st August.

What's the problem??

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: ADSL Line - No internet access Douglasdale

Do you maybe have an Aztech or Dlink router? Apparently there is an issue with these. Mine also down since 19-08-2017. Had the tech support consultants online twice for more than an hour going back and forth with resetting to factory default , re-enterring username and pasword. resetting password. resetting to factory , entering new pasword. all without success. I keep getting SMSs that state that the reported fault has been cleared but still no internet.  The telkom guest and guest1 account also does not work. I got a prepaid 1Gb from Afrihost and tried that username and password. Also no go. Who knows more about the Aztech issue?

**If yours is a D-link, try this. your PPP account may not be valid or correctly configured.

I Had the same problem a few days ago on my D-link modem, tech support was unhelpful and only logged a claim and I was sent the claim number. The problem was that all our devices began showing an exclamation mark next to the wifi icon and the connection on my PC was "limited". I then logged into the interface (10.0.0.2) and began the setup wizard from scratch. However the setup process failed when I got a response that read something to the effect of PPP acount not configured or unavailabe or something like that. It gave me an option to reset the router to factory setttings and then restart the setup wizard. I did this process, reconnected my devices with the factory password and began the wizard. AGAIN the same error. I called back tech support, again unhelpful and a new fault was logged and i was sms'ed another fault ref. I re attempted this exhaustive process maybe 12 times resetting the router back and forth to factory settings to restart the setup wizard. After many attempts, it finally accepted the ppp account and in green text, it read "PPP account passed" then only I was able to enter my username and password and re-activate my internet. I've had uninterupted service eversince and finally after 3 days when the technician called to enquire whats the problem, I told him to fly a kite Smiley Happy 

Frequent Contributor

It sounds like you've run out of data. It'll be renewed on Sept 1st

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

There seems to be a new software that breaks these Aztec routers ( I have D-link which is working perfectly). Try to reset your modem by pressing the reset button on the back. You will lose all changes you've made to this router when you do this which means re-entering your Telkom username & password. Also if you've changed the SSID (wifi network name).

After resetting if you now get Internet then this is your problem. 

However normally you would get a red light but yours are all greeen. Maybe you've run out of data?

@bitelec1 wrote:

Do you maybe have an Aztech or Dlink router? Apparently there is an issue with these. Mine also down since 19-08-2017. Had the tech support consultants online twice for more than an hour going back and forth with resetting to factory default , re-enterring username and pasword. resetting password. resetting to factory , entering new pasword. all without success. I keep getting SMSs that state that the reported fault has been cleared but still no internet.  The telkom guest and guest1 account also does not work. I got a prepaid 1Gb from Afrihost and tried that username and password. Also no go. Who knows more about the Aztech issue?

Casual Visitor

All sorted. Had to reset my Aztech router

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can't accept your own solution. 

If you look at my post above yours I said to reset your router

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 Contributors