Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Valued Contributor

Re: ADSL to Fibre, the long & winding road

Hi @Sharmaine

😆   Great to hear you laughed, specially when in a p***ed off mood!

Thanks for that -  lovely stuff !

Good day

I want to move ADSL to wholesale holding pool please give advise

Smiley Sadsmileysad:Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

Any changes to you package. Telkom loses all your email. Sometimes (twice to me) they even change your email adress without informing you.  Then you have to go through the changes of informing banks SARS etc of change, what a slep. Don't use their email, I rather use one of the free more capable email servers like Gmail etc to use. And some of that you can also download. Everytime I was also promised nothing changes. They change passwords and  just do what they want to and can't help you afterwards. And this is for a paid service.

Much cheaper and better for your longevity to emigrate. Where to? Well just about anywhere. Despite me trying to get into my Telkom account with CORRECT ID and account number (I have photographed these by putting an account from Telkom and the computer screen together) TELKOM insists my details are incorrect. They have also lost my user name by the way. So off we go to a land of 200MBS at least.

Highlighted

I am staying in Agulhas. I also have the 4mbps contract but my average download speed is...... wait for it... 0.09 mbps !

I have a guest house and upon signing the contract in Hermanus I was assured with a straight face, I will not have speeds lower than 2 mbps.

for the last few months my guests and I have to make do with a 0.something speed. Whenever I call I get a very sympathetic response from all operators, and for every four times I call, a fault will be logged (I supose the other 3 times they dont feel like logging it?). I am now buying MTN  data to use with my dongle, but getting bad reviews from my guests because of this pathetic internet speed or no wifi at all....It will cost me R720 to get this contract cancelled......lol.. now I cannot get them to cancel it, even though I am prepared to pay to get rid of them.....

Interesting to read about the "long & winding road"....I guess my story has the seence of the "long & windy road" with DASL to Fibre....

In mid November 2018 on a late FRiday afternoon I received the marketing call from a Telkom agent giving me the full-on story of the change from ADSl to Fiber....a "special" with free modem and many other things...I chose the 10mbps option. She indicated to me a technician will contact me and payment will commence once the instlaation is completed.

Now, today, is 5th February....no installation...........BUT....Telkom started charging me for the service from November....then December.....january...and again end of February.......so I have been paying R800 a month for a service that is non-existing. Numerous calls to and from has led to zero results and it seems as if I will now have to resort to some extreme (or legal) avenues, again at my cost, to rectify the problem.

I have been a loyal Telkom client for many, many years and the treatment I have received in this case indicates that the whole "OpenServe" introduction of contractors.......stinks.....

ga1

Kathy, you are a great writer and gave a tiny hint of hope.

However, I am at the END of my tether.

I doubt I will be able to display the same patience as you seemingly haveSmiley Happy

Hi Smiley Happy

All turned out well for us. Admin sorted out. Patience allthough it hard, we came trough. Thanks all my friends here on this station bless you all. And remember PATIENCE.

Upgraded from 10MB ADSL 100Gig Data p/m to Telkom 20mb Fibre Uncapped

Sunday night a got a message on my TV screen saying that I've only got 20 Gig data left as if I was still on the ADSL package.

I Inboxed Telkom on facebook who only replied on Tuesday saying that they'll get the necessary department which needless to say never happened.

Thursday my internet stopped and I got a message that my data has run out!

Phone 10210 and they tell me to go to the nearest Telkom store as its after 5pm.

At the Telkom store in Tygervalley, they do a call back request and the operator that calls me tell me that Telkom has upgraded me to Uncapped Fibre but never changed my TIN from Softcap to Uncapped.

The operator couldn't help me and said he'll phone me this morning at 9am which he never did.

So last night I had to buy data (4gig for R25) just to use the internet until the operator phones me this morning.

Tonight I bought 20 Gig for R99 cause the 4 Gig which I bought last night had run out and I doubt that they're going to fix this problem very soon at Telkom seems to care to help me.

It's unacceptable that I have to buy data on an uncapped contract just because Telkom has incompetent staff that don't give a **bleep** about their customers!

About This Post