Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Accessing APN

Hello, I was sent a simcard from Telkom to set up an APN to remotely access my ADSL on my Macbook Pro. I bought a Telkom D-Link DWM-157 dongle (assured by the agent to be Mac compatible) and put in the simcard after waiting for Rica approval. I absolutley cannot get it to work. I have accessed every Telkom documnet on this and the only IOS ones are for mobile devices. Please help someone...???

Regular Contributor

Re: Accessing APN

@gflying,

Thank you. Did all of the above and spent 2 hrs at the Telkom shop. Still not working....
Frequent Contributor

@gflying - what are the symptoms ?  What happens when you try to connect ?

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)

Nothing connected so took my iPad with sim card inserted to the Telkom shop. After many tries and using his personal sign in he proclaims that the fault lies in my iPad. So I upgrade my iPhone in order to use the old one as a hotspot. Take phone to the Telkom shop. Two hours later he proclaims that I need to bring my modem in for him to change the password. Next day and many hours later, he gets the sim card in my old phone to work with integrated data. Yay! But it won't allow me to make calls from it, neither can I use it as a hotspot which was the intention. My PC sees my new phone as a hotspot but not my old one. So I have 2 iPhones, an iPad and a Mac all without data. It's very frustrating. I am a computer teacher so am fairly computer literate but this has got me stumped. On top of it all, the new password and login the guy gave me doesn't work so I am still using the old one. Technical online help also gave upSmiley Sad
Regular Contributor

@gflying, if they see the new phone and not the old my guess would be the iOS version on the old phone. (but not to clued up on the MAC ecosystem). Have you looked at getting a Mifi router to share the data? I think its always better to get a device that is actually designed to do that.

Both phones are up to date with the latest IOS version. I did get a Telkom dongle for my Mac with a separate data card and the guy in the shop had to jailbreak it for me to use it on my Mac. The pkg on the dongle said it worked on a Mac but it didn't. So now I have a micro SIM card with integrated data which won't fit into the dongle. Cannot face getting another card! Will look at other routers though, thank youSmiley Happy

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors