Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Anyone know how to cancel a service?

I recently successfully applied for the special deal on the LTE Home Smartbroadband special offer at R599 per month. However, the lady on the phone told me I had to cancel my existing ADSL service as it wasn't simply a matter of upgrading. Apparently these are two completely separate arears of Telkom's business (???). So, as instructed, I sent an email to servcancellation@telkom.co.za, and received an automated reply saying someone would contant me within 48 hours. This was on the 8th of January. A week later, no-one had made contact. So I sent another email. Same result. After three unsuccessful attempts, I tried posting on Telkom's Facebook page. Someone there asked me to message them my cellphone number so that I could be contacted, which I did. No-one contacted me. I sent another Facebook message. Again, I was told that someone would be in touch. This was 4 days ago. 

Does anyone in the community know of any other way of contacting the cancellations department, as I am at my wits end. This service, even by some pretty mediocre South African standards, is atrocious.

Contributor

Re: Anyone know how to cancel a service?

go into a Telkom shop with your ID and they will gladly assist you. or use the chat facility during office hours and the agents will assist you.

Thanks for your reply. However, I did go into a Telkom shop. They were the ones who told me to email the cancellations team as they were unable to initiate a cancellation from the shop itself.

The next thing I can do is simply cancel my direct debit. I'm sure someone will take notice then...

I have done the same

Sent the cancellation form to servcancelation@telkomsa.co.za on 15Jan2016.

Services still not cancelled.

Phoned the contact numbers where they said send form to above mail. they cant help.

All I know is that Im still being billed for a service that should have been cancelled already and Im being sent from pilar to post.

Try this email address: stocst@telkom.co.za

I'm not sure if it will work, but I was told to use it instead of the servcancellation address.

Got this one today:

'Tocfaxes@telkom.co.za'

not holding my breath.  Even the HelloPeter complaint got no action...

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 Contributors