Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Area can support up to 10Mbps, but can only reach 5Mbps

[ Edited ]

Good Evening. 

Today I called telkom to sync my line to 10mbps speed as it is supported, so they did that and I am only getting 5Mbps speed, so I called support again and they said the "profile" only supports up to 6mbps, so I told them they can bump it up to 6mbps then, but still it is only showing 5mbps achievable on my router, which is ADSL2+ Compatible. And they also told me its due to the distance from the exchange, which I understand, is there anyway that it can reach 6mbps speed as it shows on the profile, or even 10mbps. Help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Line Attenuation Down - 33.0dB

Noise Margin Down - 14.9dB

Highlighted

Re: Area can support up to 10Mbps, but can only reach 5Mbps

Hi , there are no 6mb lines, its eiether 2 , 4 or 10. if they say they can only bump you to 6 mb , that means you pay for 10mb rental - 425 PM vat incl. If you on a 4meg line you pay 299 pm vat incl. so you need to make  choice , if you to far from the exhange then thats it. also try dif router and your indoor  wiring should be relatively new to really get full speed. any slight noise or bad wiring affect that. otherwise you cannoot really pay 126 pm more just for  1.5 mb more speed

Highlighted

Called them now again, they said my profile is on a 10mbps sync line already, but only showing max potential of 5mbps. So what they going to do is just change to a differant port and see if that works.

Highlighted

good , the port recreate usually fix it. if it still cant up the speed , then log fault to check indoor/outdoor cabling

Highlighted

Still has not been sorted out, still sitting on a 5mbps. Telkom came to my house and said all is working fine (cables,etc) don't think he did a port recreation though. 

Highlighted
Established Member

I can almost assure you that Telkom Sales put you on a lesser speed user name. Phone 10210, speak to sales. request them to put you on a 10mb username. Not Technical team, Telkom Sales Team.

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors