on 27-02-2018 02:53 PM
I APPLIED FOR ADSL 2MONTHS AGO, IT IS GOING ONTO THE 3RD MONTH, I HAD A GUY COME TO MY HOUSE AND THEN SAY TO ME HIS COMING BACK IN AN HOUR AND NEVER CAME BACK. I CALLED TELKOM A MILLION TIMES AND THEY SAY ITS A CABLEING ISSUE, DOES IT REALLY TAKE 2MONTHS TO SORT OUT????????????? I MEAN IS TELKOM SO INEFFICIENT????
I AM NOW DEALING WITH THABISO WHO IS ONE OF THE MANAGER HOWEEVR I KEEP ASKING FOR FEEDBACK AND HE CANT GIVE ME ANY AND WONT SEND ME TO SOMEONE HIGHER. I REALLY DONT KNOW. I SAID TO HIM OK I WILL TAKE A MONTH TO MONTH BUT I CANT BUY A MOBILE REUTER FOR THE TIME BEING UNTILL THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED HOWEVER HE WONT BUDGE TO GIVE ME BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE.
I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANY MORE, I AM BEYONG FRUSTRATED.
on 27-02-2018 04:10 PM
The forum can’t really help with sales service (we’re Telkom customers like you ).
Sorry to see your long wait - perhaps an infrastructure issue is holding up your installation.
Try posting your details, order number and any other refs you’ve been given on a Telkom social media channel - their dedicated support teams will usually escalate and/or send you proper feedback :
* Facebook: TelkomZA
* Twitter: @HelloTelkom
And email the same details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope this helps.
on 28-02-2018 09:30 AM
I firstly want Telkom to stop lying to me . In Jan 8ta I called to cancel my contract because of my Internet speed . I was told that I should upgrade from 2 mgs to 4 mgs and I will also receive free LTE etc. I did so immediately . My interment speed has been worse than it was before and I have called at least twice a week complaining and always being given a different excuse for it . the strange thing is that every time when they ask me to switch it off and on again so that it can be reconfigured , it works perfect for about 30 mins and then back to the same problem . Please don't tell me that someone will contact me , because nobody does , please stop telling me that there is a network problem in my area , because on the same day I'm told that there is a problem with the line , please stop your lies , my deepest regret is listening to your agents and extending my contract , all I get is the worse service ever and lies lies and more lies . At the very least tell me the truth , that all you want is my money and that you have absolutely no intention whatsoever of providing me with the service that I pay you for .
on 01-03-2018 09:13 PM
Persoonlik dink ek Telkom is bangkrot!!!! Of jy nou wag vir 'n nuwe foon of vir diens aan 'n foon wat nie werk nie en het dit al 20 keer geraporteer Telkom stel net nie belang nie. "Carte Blanche" dink ek is die andwoord.
on 02-03-2018 03:59 PM
TELKOM IS NO GOOD!!!!! WAITING FOR ADSL 3 MONTHS NOW. NO SERVICE AT ALL.
NOBODY TALK TO ME OR SEND PROGRESS REPORTS. GIVE DATES AND DONT SHOW UP WITHOUT LETTING YOU KNOW THAT THEY NOT GOIING TO MAKE IT.
LAST WEEK THEY STOP IN FRONT OF HOUSE, THE GUY THAT IS WORKING IN THE GARDEN TOLD THEM HE IS GOIING TO CALL ME TO OPEN THE GATE, THEY SAID NO THEY WILL COME BACK AND GUEST WHAT ???? NEVER COME BACK
on 02-03-2018 05:29 PM
Sorry to read this , very frustrating not getting proper service feedback.
Unfortunately the community forum is not manned by Telkom service agents (we’re Telkom customers like you - helping each other where we can ) https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Announcements/Community-is-peer-2-peer/m-p/14304#M148
If you haven’t already done so it’ll help to post your fault refs with full details on one of Telkom social media channels - their special forces support teams usually attend quickly and send you proper feedback :-
email the same details to email@example.com ( my connection issues were fixed after that )
Hope this helps
25-10-2018 09:14 AM - edited 25-10-2018 09:31 AM
I ported my sim from MTN to Telkom approx 3 months ago. The problems I faced were endless.
1. Poor telkom mobile coverage in many areas.
2. Unreasonable levels of exceptionally poor customer service...if you get through...most of the time you get cut off and have to restart the process. Agents dont know how to navigate my iphone. Agent service experience is poor - gritty personnel.
3. Been without network service for 2 days now. Attempted to get hold of customer care yesterday afternoon from 4pm. Waited half hour, literally, before being frustated at no answer and dropped the call.
4. Got hold of someone at 00:15am. He just woke up to answer a call. Could barely articulate himself. After told to restart my phone subsequent to change of mobile settings. The problem still persisted.
5. Called this morning, began at 8am....got cut off 3 times. when finally got hold of someone at 8:45am she did not know what to do. Attempted the same changes as previous agent. Then advised me to await a call from technical, she logged the call, gave me a ref. no and told me wait another 72 hours. I STILL DO NOT HAVE NETWORK SERVICE. CANNOT MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS ON MY MOBILE.
6. TOTALY UNACCEPTABLE - GOING TO SEARCH FOR A BETTER SERVICE PROVIDER.