Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Bad ADSL connection

HI,

I've been experiencing a very bad telkom line for the past 2 and a half months now, I've had very bad static on my line when I call someone and due to this my ADSL connection drops on my modem as well.

This has also caused my 10Mbps line to go from the 'normal' ~6Mbps that I can safely achieve with the distance from the main exchange which is about 3.2 km.

I call the call centre on a monday to report it and it gets fixed on wednesday or thursday, but by the next monday it's bad again.

As I work from home this is a situation that I cannot have going forward.

Could someone from Telkom please assure me that this can be resolved?

Moderator Moderator

Re: Bad ADSL connection

Hi @nstaas, we are not manning this forum as service agents. The Community is for peer 2 peer support. For Service issues, please make use of our other channels - 

Should you wish to speak to Telkom, we have a few option to suit your needs.

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10120 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store

output_Svao80.gif
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bad ADSL connection

Hi @nstaas are you able to share any of your router statistics with us?  Particularly of interest would be the SNR, Attentuation and info about errors on the line.  It is also a good idea to check some of your equipment in your house before contacting Telkom.  A new POTS filter is cheap and might solve the problem, also check what happens if you remove any other phone extensions or splitters from the line - especially paying attention to a new test of your router statistics.  A faulty phone can also cause problem, or electrical interference close to the phone or lines

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors