Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bandwidth Usage

I have just subscribed to Netflix and purchased the Telkom Entertainment add on with my normal package. However I now seem to be using a large amount of bandwidth on my normal Soft Cap package. I do see that the entertainment pack is also showing usage as it should. As I have not been doing anything more on my normal internet connection on the PC this seems strange? It really seems that it is also using some of my normal Soft Cap Bandwidth when I am viewing Netflix?

Phoning the help desk is no help as they have no idea what Netflix is! Smiley Surprised

Regular Contributor

Re: Bandwidth Usage

@TriumphTalk, are you subscribed to Netflix SA  (www.netflix.com/za) or do you still use the US version via a VPN or DNS site like UNOTelly?

On the Telkom page it mentioned Netflix SA, iTunes, Dstv Online etc.... From what I gather this Entertainment Bolt On gives you 100Gb if you are on ADSL/Fibre or 10Gb via LTE, so it should not use of your softcap remaining. Try contacting Telkom via Facebook or Twitter.

I have the same issue, not using a vpn

@thesuspectyes I am using the SA version as per the instructions, the add on does not say anything about 100GB and this is what it tells me.

TI Entertainment Add-on R99 per month 24 hour uncapped experience on the following content servers: DSTV Box Office, DSTV Catchup (Old DSTV on Demand), DSTV Self Service / Online, DSTV Catchup / Online, Apple iTunes SA Store and Apple iTunes Store and ShowMax and Netflix. All data used on these servers will not be deducted from your in-bundle data. Add-on package is valid for 30 days.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors