Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Being thottled, is there anything that I can do?

Hi There, It does not happen often, very occassionally. But I get throttled from time-to-time when I really need to be online.

I have an ADSL 4MB uncapped line and am being penalised due to fair usage policy.

This week was a bad week for me as I installed 2x digital games on my xbox one which came in at 70GB give or take in about 48hours.

I have contacted Telkom and they said there is nothing I can do, do you have any suggestions?

Contributor

Re: Being thottled, is there anything that I can do?

[ Edited ]

@AntTheAssassin I have a 50Gb capped account and I know that downloads between 00:00 - 07:00 don't affect my cap - night surfer, so I queue up my downloads then.

Established Member

Re: Being thottled, is there anything that I can do?

@LordLethal - a little correction , it is from 00:00 - 07:00 everyday Smiley Happy. That extra hour means alot to some of us Man Tongue

@AntTheAssassin - 2 Things, you can either abide with what is said above and schedule large downloads for night surfer time OR switch to a capped solution. Telkom Internet is running a double data promo until 31st March 2016. You can re-evaluate by then what you want to do Man Surprised.

Hit that Thumbs Up/Kudos button if I or another member in the community has helped you. It can only inspire us to do better in helping everyone like yourself. Thank You! ❤
About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 Contributors