Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Cancelling Telkom

[ Edited ]

Hi peeps,

Our complex has finally been installed with fibre!

It will be interesting to see how well our experience goes with cancelling our Telkom services.

Luckily we are on a month-to-month non debit contract with them.

Our plan is to fill out and take the required form to the Telkom orifice and have them do their normal data entry as well as stamping the cancellation form. 

We'll make sure they stamp our form so we have proof.

We'll pay the requried 30 days of service fee one last time.

I'll scan and email the forms to the usual email addresses ie.

esccentre@telkom.co.za

servcancellation@telkom.co.za

networm@telkom.co.za

HP@telkom.co.za

Will let you know how things go so other people can avoid the frustration experienced by many customers wanting to escape the Hellkom hole...

Established Member

Re: Cancelling Telkom services

Haha - good luck.

Been trying to cancel my service since last September.

I've tried calling, emailing, visiting in store.  Wailing, kicking, screaming (you get the picture).

They just PROMISE they are dealing with it, hang up, forget they ever spoke to you and then repeat the process with the next customer.

regards

i e-mailed on the 22/02/2018 cancelling this account with telkom. 11990377518, till  to date not cancelled i also phoned visit store and nothing is heppening the last time they said i must e-mail to stocst@telkom.co.za bit still no action has ben taken they send a bill now say i owe R1752.90.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow from what I understand you have to give them 30 days notice which includes paying them one more month.

Your bill seems high or is it normally this much per month?

Regular Contributor

Re: Cancelling Telkom

[ Edited ]

Ok so yesterday we filled out the cancellation form and emailed to the aforementioned email addresses.

Today we visited the Telkom shop and they stamped our cancellation form.

Luckily we are not signed up to direct debit.

Will let you know what happens in 30 days...

Regular Contributor

Hi, I have had the same problem. Did you have to pay a cancellation fee and if so how much did you have to pay?

Good Day, did you have to pay a cancellation fee and if so what did you have to pay?

Regular Contributor

Hello no we didn't have to pay a fee because we are not in a contract anymore we are on month to month.

Regular Contributor

Received a call from Cancellations last week confirming our Telkom services will be disconnected on May 6th so time will tell.

He confirmed that we need to pay the recent bill and then after the cancellation date we'll be sent a final bill.

I am holding thumbs...

About This Post
  • 27 replies
  • 23 kudos
  • 8 Contributors