Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Complaint about service delivery

Good day

Please can I get some help. I recently requested fibre to be installed on my property. The guys from vumatel did the instalation on 17 November 2018 and telkom dropped of the modem on 19 November via courier. I phoned the call centre to connect and was told that i needed to speak to the sales team. I called the sales team, they said I need to speak to vumatel. I called vumatel, they said I sould speak to telkom. This process is going back and forth. Two days ago, I called back and spoke to a Telkom sales team member and was told that I needed a VT number, I did not receive such details. Vumatel did provide me a reference number (not VT) which I gave to the telkom representative. The call was made from my cellphone and lasted close to 50min. Eventually the person advised that she loaded my details on the system, and a representative dealing with fibre will call me within 24hours. Its now 2 days. In total its 6 days and this fibre has not been sorted out.

Good day

Please can I get some help. I recently requested fibre to be installed on my property. The guys from vumatel did the instalation on 17 November 2018 and telkom dropped of the modem on 19 November via courier. I phoned the call centre to connect and was told that i needed to speak to the sales team. I called the sales team, they said I need to speak to vumatel. I called vumatel, they said I sould speak to telkom. This process is going back and forth. Two days ago, I called back and spoke to a Telkom sales team member and was told that I needed a VT number, I did not receive such details. Vumatel did provide me a reference number (not VT) which I gave to the telkom representative. The call was made from my cellphone and lasted close to 50min. Eventually the person advised that she loaded my details on the system, and a representative dealing with fibre will call me within 24hours. Its now 2 days. In total its 6 days and this fibre has not been sorted out.

Good morning

I have been trying to get a fault resolved by Telkom Mobile for two weeks. I have phoned several of the numbers listed here with no success.

I have spoken to 5 different people, none of whom have been able to resolve the issue.

The first person (Kevin) assured me that he was logging the fault and Telkom Mobile would notify us of the progress within 48 hours.

We heard nothing and the problem persisted.

I phoned twice more and eventually spoke to Kenzani who told me that Kevin had not logged the fault. She then logged it and gave

me a case number and told me that we would be notified of the progress within 72 hours. 72 hours came and went and we heard 

nothing. 

I have just spoken to Xololile Buthelezi who has told me that the day I phoned doesn't count as part of the 72 hours which renders the 72 hour promise pointless and only serves to create further frustration.

We are being charged for a service which we are not receiving and it would seem that Telkom Mobile has no interest in rectifying the problem.

If this is the case then we will be returning to MTN, where we had to pay slightly more but received excellent service. 

Thus far, Telkom has given us nothing but headaches. 

Hi there, I am in the same boat, don't know who to contact anymore at telkom. I applied to convert my adsl line fibre. My 2 neighbors who applied with me got connected within two days, yet I am kept waiting now for 7 days. Everyone in sales is waiting for the order to be closed but nobody knows who is going to close the order. Most pathetic. I have given up!!!! 

i have made about 25 calls already and nothing, blank wall.

We have been waiting 2 months for telkom to install and still no confirmed date. It takes them a month and a half just to realize that they should ask you for a deposit. Why cant they just ask for a deposit when you apply and approved. Do they just have enough money? I have been thinking of canceling my order and asking for a refund. If it takes up to 3 months just to come install a small little line then they are as lazy as f*ck. Useless service they can shut there doors. Other companies are willing to install within a week.

I recently took up a uncapped data internet contract from Telkom i received a router and the telephone line was installed, i also received a sim with 1gig data on it.  I have been struggling to activate this sim, i went to the local store where i was printed page with the directions. i tried to do that but the system then said the service was not available. i bought airtime to and called 10210 no the 2 people i spoke to where so unfriendly and disinterested to help. i still have not activated my sim as i am struggling to find help from your call centre agents.  Can you please help as this is becoming quite frustrating and i just want to activate a sim that telkom gave to me.

Please please help me.

Dear Telkom,

Please respond to this message - claudiaheyl@gmail.com

I am really shocked!

I cancelled my account on the 3rd of December 2017.  Then I received an invoice for charges for Jan and Feb 2018.  I then emailed your cancellation and accounts department my cancellation and had no response from them.

During last year 3 debt collectors contacted me and each time I asked for the invoice in dispute and each time I asked why is Telkom charging me for Jan & Feb 2018 if I cancelled in December 2017. It was never resolved and I never heard back from them.

Today I receive an sms that I have been summons for the amount of R595.25 with a contact number and then I find out I have been blacklisted.

I then phone your billing department and the lovely lady on the line tells me that she will put in a dispute which will take 14 days.  My reference number is 28713631. After the 14 days my dispute will be sent to another Telkom department which will issue me with a letter to say I don't owe Telkom anything which I can then use to clear my name which takes 14 days.  

This means I am blacklisted for more than a month. WHY?  This means if I would want to apply for a loan or buy a car or apply for a job I will be unable to do so as I am blacklisted.  

What do you suggest I do?

I would love to hear your response.  Hopefully this won't take more than a day.

Thank you.
Claudia Heyl - claudiaheyl@gmail.com

I want to express my disgust at the service that Telkom is giving to me as a customer. On the 29th of January 2019 I requested for an upgrade of my ADSL 10Mbps line to a 20Mbps. This is on a contract I took for 24 Months. I was told the process requires a Credit Vetting that can take up to 3 days to do since i am an existing customer. So the talk was the order will definitely be processed within 7 to 14 working days which to me is reasonable or acceptable though not the best.
I did follow ups after 7 days to check on progress but all I was getting nowhere, up to now nothing has been done, No Order nothing just a bunch of Tickets with no feedback. All I am told is its stuck with credit vetting. On my Telkom App the credit vetting ticket reports as closed two weeks ago (Ref: 26788131). I have logged several other tickets and various phone calls: 4130510 and 4136701. Was also told that my credit was rated at almost R4000.00 which they said was enough for me to qualify, however the representative told me that all they needed was to fix it from the back end hence a ticket logged with ICT as it was something they needed to fix since it could not progress
I am not happy at all. The area I am the only, thing i can get for now is Telkom ADSL. 
How can an upgrade take more than 21 days for an existing customer, Now locked on a 24 Contract though in August its ending. Will tell all my friends not to signup with Telkom. 
You bully your customers, rather its better you tell me you can not provide a service for a valid reason
Highlighted

After numerous attempts to get resolution, i write to you out of frustration. 
2 weeks ago i applied for a 20M adsl line and requested that telkom not be my service provider, but the operator included the line, the data and the ISP from telkom. as soon as the line was installed last week (this happened efficiently), i realised what had happened and requested the cancellation of the internet and data immediately. i was told that this would be done within 48 hours and then the line could be released into the holding pool for my isp to take it on. 

At the moment billing is telling they cannot act without sales having the order cancelled and sales are telling me this could take up to another 2 weeks (all for a service that has never been used - what could possibly require 2 weeks - there are no billing issues, etc).

i just want to add to the message,

telkom is **bleep**ing useless there is no other word. This is a compnay totally run down and must just close down and let everybody working at  telkom get fired 

no other owrkds useless

they have closed my service request because its been fox, what has been fixed.....nothing has been fixed 

there is no service

telkom is F......ing USELESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!