Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Complaint about service delivery

In the terms of medical and the best practics we are using the latest teachnology to get results

Good Day to anyone that will ever read this... My Line stopped working on the 18th of November 2019.

After some run around with Telkom for a few days they officially logged a fault on 21 November 2019. On 26 November 2019 I am informed that there has been some cable theft. I can understand that this not a problem that you can gaurd against, but following that I am told that there is no expect replacement date. I pay telkom every month for the line and they will definitely expect me to pay for this month. I need a better response than "no expected date".

Please address the issue urgently by contacting me. Don't make me become an annoyance every single employee/executive/CEO/COO of Telkom, because I do have the patience and I will the time to do so.

Can anyone tell me why Telkom is still in business. Telkom is absolutley useless they need a complete change of staff. We have been sitting with no phone or internet for the past 2 weeks and Telkom gives a **bleep**. They say that the lines have been stolen which is lies they now want everyone to move over to the wireless system. I have called a number of times and asked for a sales consultant to call me and yet have had no response. Telkom is useless and should not be operating. 

Telkom service sucks you are put on hold 10 times before you get assisted, useless.

Very very bad.Their turn around times are so shocking as compared to other organisations.

I am just soooo devastated as to what is happening with my telkom number.  My contract phone number has not been working from the 24th of December.  I then realised that im using a different number when my colleagues where shocked as to why i am using a different number.  I called to see what the issue was and they told me to wait for 72 hours so that they investigate the matter.  A week later of having a different phone number i called the centre for feedback and they told to me to wait another 24 hours.  After waiting for another 29 hours, i called again to get feedback and they told me my number is ported to MTN?  How does this happen? I have never requested to port, nor did i ever ask for an upgrade, nor have i ever asked to be on prepaid.  This is so devastating coz im losing serious business and cant get OTP's because of this mess. How do i explain to clients? Ive complained so many times about Telkom and i thought for a year i would have a break but boy was a wrong, they had to go on and ruin my life.

I am just soooo devastated as to what is happening with my telkom number.  My contract phone number has not been working since the 24th of December.  I then realised that im using a different number when my colleagues where shocked as to why i am using a different number.  

I called to see what the issue was and they told me to wait for 72 hours so that they investigate the matter.  A week later of having a different phone number i called the centre for feedback and they told to me to wait another 24 hours.  After waiting for another 29 hours, i called again to get feedback and they told me my number is ported to MTN?  How does this happen?

I have never requested to port, nor did i ever ask for an upgrade, nor have i ever asked to be on prepaid.  This is so devastating coz im losing serious business and cant get OTP's because of this mess. How do i explain to clients? Ive complained so many times about Telkom over the years and i thought for a year i would have a break, but boy was a wrong, they had to go on and ruin my life.

Hi there,

I also no longer know what to do have logged a complaint Ref (29822461) on the 27 Aug2019 and only had a technician to assist me on 30 Des2019. I what to know is by when will i have feed back to the problem, still waiting after many phone calls to Telkom and only told me will send a mail to the responsible person.

I have told them this issue is going on for more the 4 and half mouths.

Also spoke to one of your staff by e-mail Thu 2019/09/26 Time 10:15 Lindokule Vusi Mbatha and said if the issue is not resolved they will waive the fees to the of the contract and I would like to how long do I still need to wait for the poor service I receive as a paying customer.

I spoke to your consulted 2020/01/21 and sad will need to wait a another 24h for them to attend to the new mail they have send to the technical team.

I have told the consulted that if this issue is not resolved soon the by the end of the mouth I will not pay for this poor service, Telkom is not a service provider that can resolve their client’s problems and the contract is been terminated.

REFERENCE     29822461                                   LOGGED           27 Aug 2019 STATUS            In progress MESSAGE
The cause of the problem has not been found yet. Apologies for the delay, we will however, keep you posted.

[ Edited ]

I have a ADSL line and for the last 3 weeks I have not been able to get decent service. The problems started 25/01/2020 when the line went dead, I phoned my service provider and a fault was logged (31971045 & 31973142). A technician came out the following day at the time of the appointment and fixed the line. 4 Days later it was dead again. New Faults were logged (32052525 & 32064863) which were closed without the technician ever pitching at the confirmed appointment time. The call centre told me to log another fault after the 3rd time I called (32103407). The technician came out and fixed the line the following Monday 3/01/2020. For two weeks it worked fine then my speed dropped from 10 mbps to 2.7 mbps and another fault (323871720) was logged.

I booked the appointment on the application for 14:00 to 16:00 and arranged time off (half a day) for the 4th time in less than a month. I received two SMS confirming the appointment and waited at home. At 16:00 I phoned the 10210 number and spoke to a Technical Support agent. He advised that there are updates on the fault at about 15:00 and the technician was working on it. (At the time of this post I'm still limping along @ 2.7 mbps.) He added a note to the fault that the technician should call me and advise whether he will still need to access my property tonight or tomorrow. He said the technician would call me shortly to advise, I could literally hear him typing the note, slowly... I waited an hour and a half, no call. I phoned Technical Support again and spoke to another agent which told me there has been no updates on my fault and it is still in status: technician to be assigned. She too apparently added a note to the fault (hopefully this one will not disappear).

Here is my problem (not including technical support agents losing calls and notes logged to faults): I can’t keep taking half days off and Telkom App does not allow for rescheduling to Saturdays. Since I pay my account on time, can I please get this issue fixed for more than 2 weeks before it breaks or slows down? If an appointment is made and confirmed, can the technician keep it or if late call (you are a telecommunication company after all) and advise there is a delay or issue, then reschedule instead of dodging or keeping quiet - common curtesy? It sounds ridiculous to be told by a technical support agent that there are no turnaround times, really no SLA / KPI’s / bench mark? No wonder nobody noticed the lousy service! Lastly how about not hiding where complaints can be lodged, call centre agents don’t know where and can’t escalate, apparently.

i have gone back into the Telkom App and rescheduled the appointment to 21 Feb 2020 at 12:00 - 14:00 which the app has confirmed, with a smiley face, that the appointment has been changed.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME SOME CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK WITHOUT IT CHANGING AN HOUR LATER AND / OR USEFULL OPTIONS?