Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Complaint about service delivery

I Am very disgusted with telkom service i placed an order to have my line moved more than a month ago and still waiting it seems like they do not care about their clients every time i call i have to wait more than an hour to talk to coustermer care and when they do answer they keep delaying i am truly tired of been used and paying for a service i do not get maybe there is someone out there that can help me to get my line moved.

I have called Telkom Call Centre at least 7 times in the last two days.  They take up to half an hour to answer the call and when they do, they have no idea what they are talking about!

I am trying to re-activeate my Block Call Plus, with no success.

I will not pay my next telephone account sjhpould calls have been made which are not authorised as my block call plus is not activated!

I suggest you get someone to call me as a matter of urgency!

Thanks.

MDS

Our Telkom Landline has been on and off since 8th December 2017. After numerous calls to Telkom, THIS LINE IS STILL NOT FIXED ALTHOUGH YOUR TECHNICIAN CLOSED IT AS REPAIRED ON THE 28TH DEC. SHOCKING, SHOCKING SERVICE TELKOM.  Almost a month of no telephone and poor service delivery.

PERHAPS GET SOME TECHNICIANS IN THERE THAT KNOW HOW TO FIX SOMETHING THE FIRST TIME AND RETAIN CUSTOMERS.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT HASSEL, STRESSED AND CRAP 2018.

Telkom Call Centre new sales consultants are rude! In December I applied for uncapped ADSL line via online. I received a call from a consultant that advised that my place qualifies for up to 20meg line, I requested the 4 meg line and was advised it will be installed within 1 week and she even explained the pro rata payment that will be due with the 1st debit order. I called in today to follow up and was told that the order was never placed and that she is willing to assist me with the placing of the order. I spoke to Leanda Jafta and she then advised that my area only covers 2 meg and they cannot offer it anymore because Telkom is phasing out with it. She went as far as saying that I should expect the order not to be placed if it was done via online as that is what normally happens. I asked her why the previous consultant said that I qualify for up to 20 meg and she said she doesn't know I can even check online. I went online and it clearly shows up to 4 megs. I requested to speak to a manager or supervisor and was told that the supervisor says he will not come and speak to me because he is going to tell me the exact same thing the consultant told me. He is busy on another call (Linda Nkutha). When I went online and asked the consultant what she typed in she told me my address will not even come up and as I proved her wrong she dropped the call. I told her I want to send screenshots where the ad shows that 2meg is being offered of which she says I qualify for but she cannot offer it to me she tells me she knows what the ad shows and she is not speaking about the ad she is speaking about my line.

The service is putrid and the consultants are absolutely rude! Can I please have this sorted and the line installed as it is a month later. She said the installation would never have taken place in December because the technicians were on holiday so that was a lie that the previous consultant told me. Can a technician come out now or are they still on holiday? Is the online order option even recommendable if this is the attitude where we are told we should expect our orders not to be placed because the application was done online and the consultants that contact us only sends through requests to process and the process never happens?

This is not the 1st problem I am experiencing with Telkom!!!

Please can someone contact me with regards to the installation and the service of the call centre staff

Faranaas Maharaj 

My advice is get another service supplier.

Established Member

Telkom is the worst ever-waiting more than a week for them to process a mobile contract

HI There Anita,

It's an interesting group at Telkom, it might be that 1 out 5 people are prefosssionals and take customer service sersiouley, the rest are passing time.  My experience is that I'm on auto debit with Telkom, sometimes they overbill me and sometimes they just forget to debit and then interrupt my service without a courtesy call or text giving me a chance to address.  I'm a busy guy and dont' have time to micro manage my telkom statements, I have Telkom Home and Mobile products, just about everyting they sell in fact.  My situaiton happening in March of 2018, when I became aware I immeately paid my bill, but they say it will take three days to reflect in the system (for their back end office error) and worse the agents do not always speak with integrity, in that thay they promise call backs and escliations, only to have the next agent sell a different story with out a resolution.  This of course after you spend 20-40 minutes per call, I went through a similar situation last year with them.  My advice to you, is to go to social media, twitter and Face Book.  I superisor will come eventually, but in the mean time you will have the 4 agents who will wast yous and Telkoms time, so sit tight and enjoy the Telkokm Song...lol.  All the best Anita. 

How many technician dispatches does it take to install an ADSL line. There has been 5 dispatches of technicians so far for my order, order number  185090130 and still it remains not installed 49 days later and counting

Timeline of Technician dispatches

1. 17 January 2018 – Technician was dispatched but never came
  2. 25 January 2018 – Technician was dispatched but could not fix the problem. Said there was a wiring fault in Complex
  3. 28 February 2018 - Technician was dispatched but could not fix the problem said there was no connection for the line
  4. 1 March 2018 – Technician was dispatched and could not fix the problem they said they could not add the line and adding of a line is blocked on the exchange
  5. 5 March 2018 - Technician never showed up.

This is honestly becoming very frustrating 

13 weeks and still no line or adsl. Telkom doesn't care. Logged faults get cleared without a technician in site. OpenServe just as incompetent. I think it's best to go to a walk in centre and create a scene but unfortunately the technicians aren't there and they don't give a S#@T.

Telkom does not take customer service vert seriously. In our area we have been without internet for 3 weeks. Firstly you have to wait 30 minutes on the line to their call centre after which your issue is still  resolved. Tried all thier other options, all they tell you is that a technician will come out. Still waiting after 3 weeks. And then there is no way of escalating your complaint. Best is cancell your cantract and go wireless. easier