Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Complaint about service delivery

Hi
Since I applied for ADSL with Telkom 4 months back, Even today i am still waiting for them every time when I call them I was they are busy with cables. If i don't get help please refund me 700.00. My order no: 200317590. Frustrated

On Saturday 21 July Telkom installed my ADSL. It worked fine until Friday 27 July and since then I haven’t been able to get a download or upload speed greater than 1mbs. I called 5 times and they tried to help me over the phone and nothing helped. I then logged a formal call because I demanded it and then they committed to get someone to come out to help. I called continuously today for an update. The once they said wait they will call technician to get a update when he will be there. They then said he isn’t answering his phone. I called again and they kept me on hold for over 10 minutes while they tried to attend to the matter but all they did was drop my call. Unacceptable all I want is to get what I am paying for 20mbs up and 20mbs down.

Hi ,

we have applied for a new line istalation and what was supose to take up to 21days is now more than a month ?

i have called more than 10 times and made payments for the insatlation  i have to constantly do follow ups no one comes back to me as a first time customer im already disapointed and want to find out what do i have to do to get my line istalled or can i get a refund , i can always apply for a vodacom LTE instead im sure i wont wait more than 21 days for istalation to happen .

please let me know what is the way forward ? i realy did not expect this bad of a service !

Regards

Geraldine 

I placed an order for unccaped connection them agents are telling me that there is a delay on the order for the past 6 weeks agg.My order reference is TC-59660671-1

I ordered an uncapped fiber connection for the past 7 weeks and when I call all I hear is the order is still pending agg. My reference number is TC-59660671-1

Hi, i applied for contract and was approved. Debit order taken off my account but no phone received, order cancelled due to no stock. No one contact me to let me know, money not returned to my account? What can i do

I no longer know who to contact or what to do. We have recently moved and requested a transfer The Line was installed in beginning of August to date the order is still pending. I want to apply for ADSL line but I can’t do so until this order is changed. After many hours on the phone, and being transferred back and forth between operators, and no-one being willing to escalate the problem or at the very least give us a date that this will happen, here I am. They say it will be done within 48 hrs. another agent said 10 working days another 14 working and it just goes on. I have phoned almost daily, with no success, and I have basically been told to wait until I am contacted, but no-one has contacted me so far. I have been waiting for the sms since the first week in August. 

I would like some feedback as to when this will be sorted out so I can get the ADSL, who can I contact about it? I am very frustrated Is this the service we are paying Telkom for.

Some help would be appreciated!

I wonder if anyone from Telkom reads these messages... My story:

In the last 2 months I have attempted to move my line\ upgrade to a new uncapped 10Mbits ADSL with Modem and LIT box, and upgrade my mobile contract. The line move, I was told would be a free service, I moved 3kms from where the original line was, instead of moving the line, a new one was installed with a new number an I was charged over R600 for the new installation, which I'm still trying to dispute with Telkom 2 months later. Then the order of the 10Mbits contract was done 6 weeks ago, after about 30 calls to follow up on the installation of the router and the LIT tv box, still have no installation apointment nor delivery of the router and LIT tv box. Apparently the LIT tv box is out of stock and have been ordered... For the mobile upgrade, there was no stock at the Telkom store I went for the upgrade, they then ordered the phone. After almost 2 weeks I still could not get a commitment date for delivery of the phone, so I went to another store for the upgrade. The store in @Reds mall had stock of the phone, but instead of an upgrade the person did a new contract, after confirming multiple times that we where busy with the upgrade. I only realised that night at home that the person in fact created a new contract and not an upgrade. I cancelled the contract the follwing day, and after numerous phone calls and follow ups the contract was finally removed and I upgraded my contract succesfully, this process took a month from the first attempt to upgrade. Then came my invoice after the upgrade, I was charged for the new contract for 2 months, plus the old contract insted of the new upgrade contract. The incorrect billing on the invoice amounts to ver R900... I have now battled for 2 weeks to try and resolve the incorrect billing, with no end in sight yet. I must in all honesty say that it's an absolute nighmare doing business with Telkom. Hope someone from Telkom, that wants to do their work reads this message.

Regards

Johan

Undesirable Business Practice

Please find attached the fais act as I have  complained about your service.  I also  request  compensation for the days lost without the service.  I'm not liable for this problem. Also note that complaining to your company is not so helpful.  My  next email is to the fais ombudsman.  Tired of poor  service.  If my  account is  debited including the days without service a court order is on the way.  

This is Undesirable Business Practice.  

Fix this problem asap.  And I expect my  bill to be less . 900 per month  gives  you  30 per day  so for each day lost I'm not  paying for.

no longer know who to contact or what to do. We have recently moved from Pretoria to Roodepoort and have been trying to get our line moved into our new house, it is a wireless phone with a simcard. After many hours on the phone, and being transferred back and forth between operators, and no-one being willing to escalate the problem or at the very least give us a date that this will happen, here I am.   The staff at Telkom in Clear Water Mall does not help, we went  there 6 weeks ago to change our adress and get the transfer, nothing happens, last week we went back to Clear Water Mall,  were there nearly two hours, Winnie promised to update the new simcard and would phone me the following day?  nearly a week past I'm still waiting. 

Yesterday I receicd a second sms  request that I have to pay R1000 to enable Telkom to process the service installation. The bills department at Telkom removed the R1000 last week.

I would like some feed back as to when the transfer will happen, who are we supposed to contact about it? I am very frustrated as we have still been paying for our phone line as well  for this whole time with no sign of the transfer of the line happened any time soon. 

Some help would be appreciated!