Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Crazy PING and Slow ADSL line speed

For the past month now, between the hours of 8pm and 10pm... like clock work my ping jumps from 10ms to 1500ms... and jumps up and down.. very unstable.. i get line speed avg of .5mb.. and i have a 10mb Uncapped account..

Anyone else experiencing these kind of issues?

im in the southern suburbs area of CPT

What i have tried so far is:

DNS flush

IP Release and renew

Change the adsl filter

change the router

disconnecting everything from my adsl router

turning my pc off and trying with a laptop

phoning telkom call centre( Which is available after hours) but everything on their side is fine.

so ive logged a fault so will see what the technician says, but during the day my ping and line is perfect. so doubt they will pick up anything.

Highlighted

Re: Crazy PING and Slow ADSL line speed

I have exactly the same symptoms on my line. I play battlefield 4 on playstation and the ping is horrendous. Last night I called them cause I could not connect to servers and when I do it freezes and my character stuck on one place.

Tonight again like clockwork. .. 8pm... I could feel the game play gets worse and worse.

I also feel it has been like this for the last month or so.
Also got them to log a call. Threatened to charge me if fault my side. Well can I sue if fault their side?
Highlighted
Established Member

I play CS:GO at these times every night so its very frustrating, I tried changing accounts with my buddies.. logged on to his afrihost account threw my router.. it brought my ping down to a stable 150ms.. not great but better. I called telkom and told them this.. they said im under my usage limit so im not getting throttled. I dont know anymore... The fault can not be on my side if its limited to certain hours... if it was on our side it would be all the time.

Highlighted
Established Member

12417825.png

Highlighted
Established Member

booom... and ping goes back to normal 10:27pm

Highlighted
Established Member

Highlighted
Established Member

124171029.png

Highlighted
Established Member

well its getting better normally avg 20 ping

Highlighted
Established Member

124171033.png

Highlighted

My ping is not as bad as yours... I used to get 10-15 ms ping... but now its 40ms.

But that local pings. Bf4 only has international servers and I think that where problem lies for me. Tuesday evening though it took 20 sec to load mybroadband.co.za
About This Post
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 Contributors