Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

DISGRACEFUL TELKOM INCOMPETENCE WITH CANCELLATIONS

Good Day, During the course of last month (Oct 2018) I proceeded to cancel my home unlimited 4mbs service with specific instructions to have the services cancelled on and only on the 30th November 2018, as of the 17th of November my services were cancelled and I have been left with no internet connectivity. This has caused serious complications for myself and the 4 others I live with as we require this connection for research and access of information during this exam period and well as for Theses research, I have spent many hours on the phone to Telkom over the last 4 days going as far and using all my 3 hours of airtime during this time and no one has since found a solution and I find my self being passed on from department to department going in circles with no one able to give me answers, I have also resorted to going in store with the same result. As the internet is such a vital tool to me and my house mates for the above mentioned reasons we have been forced to buy additional data to fulfil our needs at exorbitant additional costs for students. I therefore request that 1. Someone with appropriate knowledge and authority can finally answer my inquiry 2. Come to some sort of agreement whereby I will be compensated for the losses I have been forced to incur as a result of Telkoms incompetence. I expect this message to be passed on to appropriate management and to be contacted accordingly due to the seriousness of this situation as mentioned above. Regards Kyle Land

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: DISGRACEFUL TELKOM INCOMPETENCE WITH CANCELLATIONS

Sorry to hijack your post Kyle, but for your sake as well is there anyone that knows how one can find out how to get hold of somebody at telkom besides via the call-centre numbers?  I human, a person that can walk over to a department and find out if they actually exist?

These swines didn't cancell my ADSL either until months later after I went back to the shop - then they wiped my entire mailbox out.  This time around after 2 years of LTE hassles they didn't stop my subscription either - forcing me to pay month to month yet for 5 weeks now they cannot give me any answer as to why the email is not working besides "being attended to".  For heavens sake, would anyone reporting a fault expect it not to be attended to?  The issue now is beyond technical, it's about customer abuse and damage this has and is still causing and the impossible situation of not being able to communicate with anyone to just find out if there even is a technical department.

Highlighted

I have had the same problem. That's what Telkom do - I'm sure the telecopmms people have been instructed to do so so... pass a customer around in order to frustarte them so they hang up. It's incredibly annoying, not to mention expensive at this rate, charging you for a service you are not even experiencing and simply not giving a **bleep**.

Telkom are in the money-making business. Another corrupt parastatal organisation!

They position themsleves as 'caring' and 'there for you' but not being able to cancel is appauling by any standards. I tried to cancel in February and went through exactly the same process. AND GOT BILLED IN THE MEANTIME, despite diosconnecting our phone.

We should all stand up and sue the ----- out of them!

Highlighted

I have had the same problem. That's what Telkom do - I'm sure the telecopmms people have been instructed to do so so... pass a customer around in order to frustarte them so they hang up. It's incredibly annoying, not to mention expensive at this rate, charging you for a service you are not even experiencing and simply not giving a **bleep**.

Telkom are in the money-making business. Another corrupt parastatal organisation!

They position themsleves as 'caring' and 'there for you' but not being able to cancel is appauling by any standards. I tried to cancel in February and went through exactly the same process. AND GOT BILLED IN THE MEANTIME, despite diosconnecting our phone.

We should all stand up and sue the **bleep** out of them!

Highlighted
Established Member

Exactly that BBBB.  This is the first company that supposedly needs customers that abuses customers as much with conviction as they are still protected by who ever is financing them.  I saw in the last 5 weeks that there was no way of getting past 10210 not even the walk-in shop - they tell you they sell products, call 10210.  Regardless of what the technical issues were the fact they IGNORE you forcing you to stay at the door of the call-centre for as long as they please is wrong.  There cannot be anything right about even their complaints or support public emails given not responding to anything.  My point with this was that the technical issue matter no longer, rather the fact there are a huge amount of people being paid by us and the State that should be acountable for not honouring their employment contract serving the State's people. 

Sad thing is at the end of the call-centre call's there is a survey.  In many cases the issues are simply beyond the capability of the person on the line.  Their service is to be rated, then the next question being as a result of your interaction would you recommend Telkom.  And was the problem resolved.  The answer to the effort of a helpless call-centre agent may be positive but the others equating to a ZERO is selected after the call that agent is knocked on their performance apraisals.  That is completely unfair.  A frustrated customer basically forced to not rate the last questions low and stay frustrated with poor service or be honest and punnish a call agent that is helpless.  They cannot even contact the fools that are supposed to deal with technical issues - only allowed via the "system".  The system in my case told them for weeks - problem being attended to.  That is the reason why I insist on finding a manager, any manager that able to explain this logic of being completely elussive to the customer and so being of absolutely no worth as far as fixing some of this internal company dysfunction.  

There should be a pettition put forward regards the general situation whereby such incompetence and poor service is FORCED upon the customer without choice as even contracts are a mission to cancell.  Took 3 months to cancell my ADSL 2 years ago, but minutes to lock me into an LTE contract.  And two month's ago I served notice to cancell this LTE which turned into month to month - it is still not cancelled.  Such dysfunction which is all over the forum with other members.  This is wrong and should seriously be taken up with a minister or who ever is reposnsible for this lot.

My present experience I avail for such a class action, all the emails, the call made over 5 weeks can be checked and presented to show how pathetic their service is.

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 Contributors