Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

DSL Router Sync problems

[ Edited ]

I have been having problems since Saturday 30/09/2017. My ADSL went down, I restarted my router but the DSL leg wont sync. I called Telkom and after lots of testing unsuccessfully they logged a fault. Up until today 02/10/2017 11:00am nothing had been done to resolve this issue and when I called to find out the progress of the fault I was told it was at the testing centre.

After the last call I made to 10210, I started looking for someone to call directly. After much searching I found a name and number and within 5 minutes my line was up and working again and was told it was somewthing that happens often (the Network card had gone into lock down). How is it possible that something that is a normal occurence was not fixed in a resonable period of time? And if it was not for the fact I have access to number of of people inside the correct area I would most likely still be waiting now?

Frequent Contributor

Re: DSL Router Sync problems

More and more I am suspecing the cheap Chinese MSAN hardware that Telkom has bought.

They change the card and things are hunky dory again.

I think there is massive problem with Telkom being in bed with Huawei which have installed their cheap crap in Tekom MSAN's boxes.

I would love to eat humble pie Telkom twats so please prove me wrong

Hi Infyrna, I have the exact same problem as you and it started on the exact same day as you. Please let me know how you fixed this and possibly give me a number to contact? Much appreciated. It's driving my crazy.
Established Member

Hi Jason,

My problem was resolved in the end. It was the Splitter Card at the exchange that needed to be rebooted.

I also have a problem with my adsl. Had the technician out. He says the adsl line is fine, but when I ask Telkom tech support they say the line is not synchronized. My problems started the same date as yours, 30 Sep.

Thanks so much for your response.

How did you get this done? did you just phone and ask them to do it?

I had a technician come yesterday and said it was a combination of filters and being far away from the exchange, It was connected solidly the whole time after he left but it went straight back to it's intermittent connection today. Running out of ideas.

Frequent Contributor

aka cheap Chinese rubbish that Telkom is now using I bet

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors