Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

DSL connection drops and reconnects continuously

My ADSL connection is very pathetic. DSL keeps dropping at any given time. It syncs then loses connection, and syncs again. I am also paying for a 4Mbps connection but 2Mbps is all that I get to make use of. 

I am very frustrated and piturbed.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: DSL connection drops and reconnects continuously

hello. does sync loss occur at random times, when the phone rings, or at a specific time everyday? have telkom asked you to do an isolation test? basically, you test with only the modem connected, anything else that uses the line will be disconnected. rather log a fault as well. make sure your end is ok though. if that microfilter is faulty, they will charge for an unnecessary call out.

Highlighted

im also suffering from same problem, cant keep a site on for too long then the connection dies out, it becomes so slow that the page doesnt even reload and magically after 2minutes or so it returns to normal,this is getting really frustrating as it disconeects me from an online game, video fail while watching a movie, this problem just started 3days ago

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Post connection stats .... only way to see if there is an underlying issue perhaps... then some diagnostics as @goatfish advised...

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Highlighted

It's very frustating. I'm about to give up on these people.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@F31c0NSure - join the crowd.  You can give up, but unless you have a viable alternative you might just be stuck here with the rest of us!  Let us know a bit more detail about your problem.  Maybe we can help you?

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Highlighted
Contributor

my dsl done the same lastweek, do some fault finding yourself, unplug all your phones and just leave your modem plugged in, I found my one phone was faulty.
Highlighted

THis is getting out of hand

I called telkom like 5 times they moved my line to a new port connection now i have 3322kps connection and 380 upload , i pay for a 4 mb line , my line dtops constantly the tech guy said it droped 68 times in 1 day HOW THE HELL can you work with that going on sorry for the languge but enought is enought we pay for our bills and then we get bad service , i can confirm while i typed this email it dropped 3 times and reconnected

I need somone to help me (THAT KNOWS WHAT HE/SHE IS DOING )Why employ somone that doesnt EVEN know what a exchange port is 

Its a new router new filters how difficult is it to FIX a TELKOM LINE

Highlighted

I had the same problem the past week or 2 now have no internet at all. I can't phone again. Used over R300 airtime allready. I did everything mentioned above and nothing happens. I think I'm gonna start to cut my bill too. I'm loosing work. So loosing money. I'm fedup with all this.
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi log onto your modem and get the line stats from there and post it for us. Then we maybe someone in the community can help you

About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 Contributors