Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

DSL drops

Everytime there is a thunder and  lightning show in the vicinity or just a hint of rain. my router loses the DSL.  I have just reported this fault again for the fourth time in 2 months. My telephone is not affected except for some noise. Telkom assures me that nothing is wrong with the line, so why is this happening? When it is dry everything works fine. I suspect that there is a possible break in the isolation on the line somewhere which may cause the loss of signal

Highlighted

Re: DSL drops

We're in Cape Town... No rain, no thunder. Our line has a problem intermittently every few weeks, but dropped continually from 8pm last night. Was fine when I got home from work and then started dropping again at 8pm tonight.

No one is there to answer at the help desk now and everything will be fine in two weeks when they eventually get back to me.

I don't know what to do with these kom tellers...
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: DSL drops

I had the same problem for about 10 years. Yeah, that's not a joke, 10 years. Telkoms technicians wouldn't work in the rain and it never got fixed. Eventually i gave up and bought mobile data from Cell C. Save yourself a lot of pain. Don't use Telkom.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors