Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DSLAM oversubscribed

Fault ref: 204cwk011117,  Escalation 1032168 

Internet unbearably slow, only getting 1.2Mbps download on 4Mbps home unlimited.

Have logged a few incidents with Telkom for this. Unfortunately Telkom keeps closing the incidents with no resolution/feedback to me.

Technician has been onsite and reported: line, my equipment ok. Line able to support 10Mbps (SNR, Attenation). Problem is oversubscribed DSLAM at Telkom exchange.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: DSLAM oversubscribed

Hi @dlennox,

If you haven’t already tried it might help to call 10210 for a port reset . Takes a couple of minutes - changes your DSLAM port . That worked for me when my connection kept dropping after a speed upgrade.

Then if no joy try posting your fault ref with details on one of Telkom media channels- think they respond quite quickly :

Facebook: TelkomZA
Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope you get sorted soon.

Thanks for the reply, but the DSLAM is horribly oversubscribed. Have requested many port resets with little improvement. also reported on their fb page.

I have logged numerous faults. Telkom systematically closes them after a  few weeks with no feedback.

Non existant customer service. Very frustrating.

Valued Contributor

Hi @dlennox,

Sorry to hear that ... if you haven't already tried - it might help to email details & a new 10210 fault log ref. to support@telkom.co.za . 

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors