Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Desperate for help with Wifi password

I have a Netgear Fibre router from Telkom. This evening I tried to configure a wifi extender (TP link) with my router by pressing the WPS button on both devices. The extender then connected to the router, but it seems as if somehow?? its has reset my routers SSID and password! The main "host" wifi name is now some random Broadcom_1 (not even the original default SSID) and I don't have the password. It doesn't accept the original wifi password on the router or the one I always used to use. I called Telkom and tried to reset the password and SSID via the 10.0.0.2 route, but as my computer won't connect to the wifi because I don't know the password, I can't use this method. Does anyone have any idea what might have happend here and how do I fix this? 

According to Telkom my ISP seems to be fine, it's just my wifi password and UN.. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Desperate for help with Wifi password

Hello I would connect a computer directly to the router (not using Wifi) and then go the 10.0.0.2 route. Then you'll be able to view the current SSID & password

Highlighted

I'm still waiting for my password I got lot of work to do Telkom it's urgent
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hello please start your own thread and not hijack this person's.

You also need to describe in more detail what password you are trying to get

Highlighted

The password for Huawei LTE CPE B315 wifi what must I do to get my password because the one I used on my registration is not working
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Please start your own thread

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 Contributors