Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Does anyone know how to dial Telkom Customer Service or ADSL helpline from abroad?

Man Mad Hi Community,

I am staying in the UK for the time being and I need to speak to Telkom customer services directly to arrange a top up for my ADSL SoftCap.  Tenants in my property have exceeded the monthly SoftCap limit and the service has dropped to an incredibly low speed and may be costing a large amount for what little data is being downloaded.

I have ordered the new unlimited Smart Broadband Service for the property. Telkom  have accepted the order and confirmed that I am in an appropriate area to recieve the service but I need to speak to someone directly to arrange installation.  Once again I need the appropriate number to dial from out side of S.A. 

Numbers such as 10210 and any 0800 series numbers cannot be dialled from the UK.  Clearly,  I have internet access to the Telkom website but chat services for Help do not seem to work from here - or nobody seems to answer even if the chat web page has been open for hours.  Web based automatic ordering of top ups are also unavaialable because of a failure of software to link my Telkom Account to my Standard bank Account.

I am running out of options here.  Has anybody any ideas for phone numbers I may be able to get Telkom support from outside SA?  Also, is there any feedback on how long it takes to gat SmartBroadband installed after order?

Re: Does anyone know how to dial Telkom Customer Service or ADSL helpline from abroad?

If you have an existing DSL service it should be automatically upgraded to the unlimited package within a few days at least.

You (or your tenants) should also be able to top up with your (or their) credit card on www.telkomsa.net (https://secure.telkomsa.net/topup/) as long as you have you internet username and password.

This option does not have to have and banking details link to the service, i.e. I could even top up your account using my credit card, not that I'm offering ;-)

Re: Does anyone know how to dial Telkom Customer Service or ADSL helpline from abroad?

Many Thanks for the response AP.

As you suggest,  I am hoping that the SmartBroadband upgrade will be completed in the next few days, as this will solve my tenants problem most efficiently.  However, I believe there is a physical installation required at my property to enable this service and that I will require some contact from the Telkom to set this up.  My concern is that the if the SmartBroadband support team is  trying to contact  me via SMS in SA - 'though they have my UK e-mail -   they will be unable to do as my SA cell phone number is unavaillable while I am out of the country .  Hence my need to contact them by phone from the UK.

On the matter of an interim  top up for the existing Fast DSL/Soft Cap service - the link you provided came back with Error 404: Unkown on this Server from my browser.  Also, can you let me know which internet username  and PW you are referring to?  If it is a specific one that came with my original ADSL installation then that is not currently available to me in th eUK.  If it is  the Telkom Account username and password , or perhaps the router  access username/pw then that  I do have here.  Hopefully,  if I can progress the SmartBroadband installation, this  will became academic.

Best Regards

Occasional Contributor

@randleja try this link - it has a data Topup option

https://secure.telkomsa.net/titracker/

I havent seen an internal call number but perhaps the following channels can help?

You can contact one of these service channels to test and report your service:

click on http://www.telkomsa.net/

scroll down and select Top Up Your Data

the username and password that was programmed into the router to access the internet.

send an email to talk2us@telkom.co.za with your installation request and order number, maybe someone will pick it up and contact you via email ;-)

Established Member

Not sure if you still have a problem - You can try +2781180 it might get you to a helpful person.

Hi Pitty,

Many thanks for your reply - it did lead to a means of resolving my 'dialing into Telkom from the UK' problem, even if the whole issue is not quite fixed yet.    So -  I tried the number you suggested +27  81180 and bingo I got human being to answer almost immediately!  Although this seems to be part of the Telkom Mobile support,  the Telkom rep did try to access my LTE order although she was not supporting that particular function.  Sadly, my UK passport number did not work out as ID so she could not get access to my account and order details.  However, she did recommend that  I accessed the Sales Support number, 10213.  I explained that I was dialling from the UK and the of course these numbers do not work from non-local Telkom phones or lines.  She than said I should dial 08110213. 

Although this clearly will not work from a non-SA based phone system, looking back at the number you supplied, I thought I might try +27 8110213.  Bingo it works!  So now I have spent a useful 20 minutes writing this message while I listen to Telkom's fine recorded music and sales messages  -that's life I suppose.  However,  I do now have a way in and I will succeed in the end!

For any other UK resident folk I expect the principle that some or most of the Telkom help lines that are usually accessed by numbers  of the 10XXX pattern can be accessed internationally using the international dialling code +XX or 00XX followed by 81 10XXX.

Thanks again and a Happy and Prosperous  2016 to you!

Alan Randle

About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 Contributors