Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Domain Transfer

Hi

As per my post 3 weeks ago I am still not able to release a domain from Telkom as the hostmaster@telkomsa.net does not accept the ticket even though I have submitted letters to advise of the release.

I have even tried to get them to add my email address to the auth email addressess but to no avail

WHT MUST I DO PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Domain Transfer

Hi 

If the Domain is "telkomsa.net" and it don't belong to you. Then you can't transfer it

If however you have another domain ie:

Frikkie.co.za or BobsBargins.co.za and you own it then go to Hetzner.co.za

get hold of a consultant, tell then you want to transfer your domain to them and they will fight for you

or

Just Do It! (like Nike)

They are now a top tier Registrar like .co.za

Regards

UncaPaul

Highlighted

The client has a domain example www.company.co.za which is hosted with Telkom and I want to move it to Hetzner as I host up to 70 domains

Sorry for the confusion

Highlighted
Established Member

First you need to have rights to use that domain. If the domain belongs to another organisation, Hertzer will not be able to use it because its already used by another organisation or person. Say you own the domain but hosting it with Telkom at current. You will be able to migrate it across because you own it aand will thereofre give Hertzer the rights to administer/host it on your behalf.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi

According to the SA law on Domain registration No one ISP. Namely Telkom has the right to withhold transfer of domain to another ISP

ie:

I recently submitted an electronic update for a particular domain name, but the Technical Contact denied the request and the update failed. I am the registrant of this domain what rights do I have?
The CO.ZA domain name registration and administration process prescribes that the person ultimately responsible for a particular domain name (the person listed on line 2a.) should provide both administrative and technical contact details. These contact details serve as the elected address and point of contact for the ZA Central Registry to communicate both technical and administrative issues to the domain registrant.
It is further a standard practice in the Internet industry, and therefore not uncommon, that the registrant of a domain name appoints representatives or agents to fulfill the administrative and technical functions. In particular, it is incumbent upon the Administrative contact to deal with all administrative issues relating to a particular domain name, and it is further incumbent on the ZA Central Registry to respect and give effect to the decision made by this representative.
Without derogating from the above, should a conflict exist between the decisions of the registrant, administrative contact and the technical contact, the ZA Central Registry will respect the decision of the registrant (person listed on line 2a.). Should the identity of the registrant be disputed the decisions of the contact persons will be implemented as per standard ticket acceptance procedures.

Regards

UncaPaul

GOTO: http://www.coza.net.za/adr/ and you may get resolution from them but if as per the above info, Telkom has set itself as the registrar or tech support company it will take a court order and those expensive weasels called "Lawyers"

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi

Would it be possible to get the company domain name?

We can then see if its going to be a balls up or plain sailing.

We can then fast track a preliminary request for transfer ticket and see what our odds are.

Regards

UncaPaul

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors