Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Downgrade 4MBPS to 2MBPS

Hi there, I had my ADSL & Landline fixed and activated last year. I ordered a 4Mg line. However, i never ever got 4mg. So in November 2016 I asked Telkom to downgrade my ADSL from 4mg to 2mg (im actually too far from the exchange to get a 4mg line) and also to activate my caller ID on my landline. 

So needless to say that I am still on a 4MG line - I keep phoning sales to ask them about it, but i cant seem to get through to anyone when i call. I have to put down after 20 minutes at a time as I have to work. I have not gone into a branch yet, i dont want to waste time.

Any advise on what to do now? I actually would like to be refunded the months i have been charged for a 4mg line when TElkom knows i can only get 2MG - but ill just take the downgrade now.....

Please help me.

Moderator Moderator

Re: Downgrade 4MBPS to 2MBPS

Hi @vbedeman I've directed your query and details to the sales team.

output_Svao80.gif

Thank you so much. Had a call yesterday to advise that my line has been downgraded to a 2mbps line which is great. However, when i asked if my account would be credited the consultant could not assist and advised she would text me a number to call to start that conversation... 

Frequent Contributor

hi @vbedeman you should check for credits on your next bill. if it's not there, you can contact 10210 and choose the option for accounts. They might have to log a dispute for you.

How do you get hold of the sales team?  I have been trying for several days and have been on your chat and 10213/10210 numbers for over an hour and a half today alone.  I have also left numerous call backs since last week and no reply.

Moderator Moderator

Hi @jaross1807, there are numerous options to get hold of a sales service channel, hope these help

• Log and Track a Fault online
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
  • Download our App: 

output_Svao80.gif
Highlighted

Hi there,

I'm having exactly the same issue as this person. Can somebody assist me to downgrade my line from 4mbps to 2mbps.

RE :

Hi there, I had my ADSL & Landline fixed and activated last year. I ordered a 4Mg line. However, i never ever got 4mg. So in November 2016 I asked Telkom to downgrade my ADSL from 4mg to 2mg (im actually too far from the exchange to get a 4mg line) and also to activate my caller ID on my landline. 

So needless to say that I am still on a 4MG line - I keep phoning sales to ask them about it, but i cant seem to get through to anyone when i call. I have to put down after 20 minutes at a time as I have to work. I have not gone into a branch yet, i dont want to waste time.

Any advise on what to do now? I actually would like to be refunded the months i have been charged for a 4mg line when TElkom knows i can only get 2MG - but ill just take the downgrade now.....

Please help me.

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 Contributors