Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

False Promises

Dear Telkom Technical Dept.
My line was reported faulty (noisy) on 02Dec2017 (251CNK021217). The next day it went dead-03Dec, but I couldn't report same as there was an open fault already. NO landline or ADSL Subscribed to Smart Home Advanced Package.
18Jan 2018 received SMS to say fault repaired. Line still dead. New ref 591CNK230118.
24Jan 2018 SMS received stating line repaired. Line still dead, new ref 432CNK240118.
30Jan 2018 received SMS claiming line repaired. Line still dead. New ref 401CNK300118.
01Feb 2018, another SMS to say line restored. Line still dead. New ref 184ANK010218. NOW GIVEN TO OPEN SERVE. They are just as pathetic for service cos line still down.
Got escalation numbers many times, been in to Pavillion Telkom branch, but all you get is false promises. E mailed National Customer Centre - NatCC@telkom.co.za but no response.
Got a reply on Hello Peter but is said that fault is with the Technical Dept.
The line is in 2x pieces on the pole and 10210 has been informed of same that the technician has to enter my yard but they clear the line from the exchange and say "repaired".
The billing dept keeps billing me. When I dispute, I receive credit only for it to be reversed on next statement. Latest statement says I made 10 calls a couple of weeks ago but line has been dead for 11 weeks.
One one of my queries with 10210, they told me that my adsl was running fine. Upon further queries and rebooting router, I found out that they had someone else's ADSL username listed on my line. How does that happen?
Telkom must rate as the worst service provider in SA. Just too many false promises and unkept appointments.
FIX MY LINE PLEASE. MTN 4g data and calls are killing me.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: False Promises

Hi @FosterJ

Good grief - sorry to read this nightmare stuff you’re going through. Unfortunately the community isn’t manned by Telkom service ( we’re customers like you) - but you’ll get results if you post all of this to a Telkom social media channel - their support teams are usually quick to make things happen - also email the same to support@telkom.co.za

Facebook: TelkomZA
Twitter:   @telkomza

You must be climbing the walls - hope this helps you to get decent response & action. Good luck.

Highlighted

Thanks Kathy1.
I don't do Twitter nor Facebook but will try the email.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Just a thought @FosterJ-  when you said   "Subscribed to Smart Home Advanced Package"  did you mean an upgrade in December or your current existing contract which was running when the line went down ?

Highlighted

Hi Kathy1.

Existing product. Been on Smarthome Advanced for about 5yrs now. They had a product name change a while ago. Not getting any free Telkom to Telkom calls now since 02 Dec nor internet
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi @FosterJ

OK then if it wasn't an upgrade there wouldn't have been a username / password change. It's not acceptable - especially that you're apparently now being billed for another subscriber's service .

Hope your email to Telkom support triggers proper action. 

Highlighted

There was a crossing about 12 months ago but I thought it was just the voice line. That was sorted out fairly quickly (when Telkom was working) but they must have forgotten to sort out the adsl. Strange cos I get the daily usage email from Telkom and it was registering according to our usage. So I don't know what they did wrong. Sorted out once I gave them my 'TIN' number.
I'm also subscribed to VOX but obviously can't use their 100Gb p/month {R99- now going for R79p/months) but it carries over for up to 6months so I will have tons of data available when the line is eventually repaired.
Highlighted

Still no reply from email to support
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Vox must be partnered with Telkom for the line -  I've seen other ISPs willing to help data clients by contacting Telkom directly , would they do that for you - maybe worth a try ?

Either way would suggest keep resending your mail to support. Every day . They used to send a ref. sms almost immediately. 

Your patience will surely pay off eventually - this is beyond ridiculous !

Highlighted

I only get data on fatpipe from VOX. Line rental through Telkom so VOX can't assist
About This Post
  • 20 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 Contributors