Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Fiber

Hi

Telkom say they woud like to connect 10000 homes to fiber by the end of the year. The complex i stay in is the only complex that does not have telkom infrustructure in our street. there was a new DP installed to service 300 homes. This DP is right accross our complex and it is about empty an numerous lines available, and all pyping infrustructure from the DP to our complex and then they say there is no service in our are.

After some investigation it was found that they would rather install FTTH. Unfortunately a consoltant behind a desk also just state the service is not availabe in my area. Well strange because even better that the DP, the fiber breakout man hole is on our premises and a complex down the road has fiber already.

Telkom any explanation?  

Highlighted

Re: Fiber

Yip, confirmed. Service here exaclty the same as from the call centre. Here nothing back.

Highlighted

@slade2000 wrote:

Yip, confirmed. Service here exaclty the same as from the call centre. Here nothing back.

You are actually the one in the wrong, this is not a complaints forum Smiley Happy I am sure the Telkom moderator will soon tell you the same thing. 

Highlighted
Super Admin
Super Admin

That's right @slade2000. This is a peer 2 peer forum for our members to support each other with common problems.

Please see our Service Channels - How to get Help

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due! 

Highlighted

OKay cool. Community members, who can assist me in getting FTTH or ADSL as Telkom does not want to assist me and even though they have 2 connection hubs on our premisis and we even layed the pipes for them.

Highlighted

Telkom should realise that most problems users experience is not simple "Is it switched on? Did you try plugging it out and back in?" or "Is the little red light on?".
If the intention for this community is to be a peer forum, then sure let the peers help each other once Telkom has helped out with the actual issues
The line faults.
The bungled installations.
The account issues.
The line transfer issues.
The line noise issues.
The fact that new installations are not attended to.
The fact that 10210 is not aswered in reasonable time which should be less than 1 minute
The fact that complaints are not attended to (there is a difference between answering and attending to something, go look it up) on other channels, facebook, twitter, hellopeter, 10210
The fact the "escalating" issues means nothing in the world of Telkom.
These issues have seemingly no movement?

Your clients are at your door with with pitchforks and torches, but you can still not smell the roof burning above your heads.

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 Contributors