Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Fixed Line Look Alike

There is no copper line where I'm moving to, so no ADSL access which I'm used to. The technichan has informed me my best option is a Fixed Line Look Alike.

According to several call centre consultants I can't get Internet Access on a FLLA, even if my area supports FLLA.

Is FLLA then just for a landline/voiceline? Why does Telkom advertise the FLLA service with "up to 7.2mb/s"?

I'm not sure about this FLLA service, can I have internet access on it, and if yes, why is everyone telling me I can't? 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fixed Line Look Alike

@Kimo howzit. as far as I know, you can have internet access on FLLA.

forgive me if my explanation is incorrect here. the voice portion works over 2g/3g, and the internet portion was over 3g but, if there's no 3G coverage, you won't have internet. this might be why they said you can't get internet access.

what result did the coverage map display when you searched your address? are you within the footprint for FLLA/LTE?

Here's a link with FLLA deals... with internet access options.

https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/home/plan/line-rental-only/

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Fixed Line Look Alike

Check this out

http://www.sstelecoms.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Atel-AGP-KW125-FLLA-Telephone3.pdf

@kiepie wrote:

There is no copper line where I'm moving to, so no ADSL access which I'm used to. The technichan has informed me my best option is a Fixed Line Look Alike.

According to several call centre consultants I can't get Internet Access on a FLLA, even if my area supports FLLA.

Is FLLA then just for a landline/voiceline? Why does Telkom advertise the FLLA service with "up to 7.2mb/s"?

I'm not sure about this FLLA service, can I have internet access on it, and if yes, why is everyone telling me I can't? 

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors