Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Gaming lag and inefficient connectivity

Seems my internet connection from my console (xbox 360) is having a tough time establishing a solid connection with telkom, keeps kicking me out of my xbox live account thus cannot play any games online. Started happening suddenly, Thursday 10 May 2018, nearly a year into my data plan without any problem what-so-ever. Am looking to upgrade my console soon but telkom needs to fix this probelm especially if they not mentioninbg about it.

Valued Contributor

Re: Gaming lag and inefficient connectivity

Hi @Knightimraan89

Not sure if yours is the same issue but Telkom apparently working on APN / DNS problems ,  you might find this MBB thread useful  ( Mumble server mentioned so perhaps also  why your xbox dropping connection  ) :-

Telkom Incoming Ports blocked - use 'unrestricted' APN

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/952185-Telkom-Incoming-Ports-blocked-use-unrestricted-AP...

“It looks like Telkom may have silently introduced a unrestricted APN in the same way Vodacom has. We did a quick test here at the office and it appears to be working. If your router supports custom profiles under dial-up set the APN to: unrestricted and see if it works for you.” 

Hope it helps.

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors