Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Has hellopeter lost its effectiveness?

Telkom simply pathetic, avoid at all costs!!!!!

Complaint unresolved since October 2018. Maybe just normal?

Upon entering into a 10MBPS uncapped contract with Telkom, we received a so-called Android TV Box included. Such box became faulty and we returned same to get it hopefully replaced under warranty. Much to our surprise and dismay, Telkom refused to replace the TV Box and told us that same had to be sent for repairs that can take anything from 7 days to whatever. This meant being without TV streaming without a TV Box and Telkom unable to provide a "loan box" while waiting for faulty box to be repaired. Without any other option to our disposal, I bought a new TV Box to use with the understanding that I will be refunded when the faulty box is returned, repaired or replaced. What is the use of having an Internet service if one is unable to use it for streaming? Yesterday, after nearly 2 months, Telkom advised me that I must come and collect a brand new TV Box because the one sent back was irreparable. I told Telkom to keep such new box and to just refund the money that I already paid for another new box when I returned my faulty box. Believe it or not, I was told by the store Manager Ashni Gaya in Knysna that it can't be done and that I must take the new box as well!!!! When I asked her what is the purpose of having 2 TV Boxes, I was told that Telkom can't keep the new box and refund me the money that I already paid for another new box because "that is just how Telkom work". There are unfortunately no pills available to improve common sence and I left the store fuming and leaving the new TV Box with the mentioned store manager. Bottom line, the faulty TV box with Serial number FCD5D9167D28 was replaced with a new box that Telkom can keep and sell again because I already paid R1099.00 for a new box on 30/8/2018 with serial no: FCD5D919FD52 and I want my money back. I will pursue this refund to the end and keep updating this tragic state of affairs. In the meantime, my only advice to anybody is, notwithstanding their new look, stores etc. Telkom remains pathetic and should be avoided at all costs.

New Contributor

Re: Has hellopeter lost its effectiveness?

I truly believe so too many complains through them have not sparked even littlest concern or just hellopeter just being another website since there is many of them these days, I don't get answered at all

The problem with Telkom is that they employ cheap, unlettered labour. Obviously you cannot expect to get better service. On The other hand other service providers cannot come near to the Telkom infrastructure, they are way behind and just cannot compete. So telkom with all its rubbish is still a better bet than all the other service providers out there. Just be thankful that you still have some service in SA, the rest of Africa is a nightmare.

Highlighted

Thank you for the replies but I unfortunately can't accept such pathetic service from anybody whatsoever. This is on a Telkom website and it seems that nobody from Telkom takes the time to read the posts on their own website. As mentioned before, we have an agreement with Telkom that they will render a service to us being an uncapped, 10Mbps line at an agreed payment per month. This contract is older than 12 months at this point in time and we have never had the privelege of 10Mbps speed on such Telkom Connection. The past 3 weeks our line speed, as tested by Telkom's representative, hovers around 0.78 Mbps. They blame everything on a "cable problem" that they somehow can't trace or can't repair. It is impossible to speak to somebody about the problem as "they are not allowed to give the personal numbers of their cable repair employees to anybody".

And my TV (LIT)Box problem, as mentioned in my initial post,  is also still dangling in the air somewhere.

In a way you are unfortunately correct, we are so used to receiving and accepting the pathetic service from Telkom that one must just shut up and be thankfull for the hour that might come around now and then that you can maybe make use of your Telkom line. Keep on paying the full fee in the meantime per month, it is at least going to a good cause????

I will not continue to be involved in such total ineptness and I will search until I find a Service Provider that can deliver whatever they undertake to deliver. At this stage and after all my investigations, I can assure you that Telkom is the worst Service Provider in SA.

The only way to get attention and your problems maybe attended to, is to gather in numbers and to sing and dance where you can be seen and maybe televised. These are proven methods and to complain as 1 person on some website has the same effect as screaming at a referee whilst watching any game on TV, absolutely zero effect.

I agree, The service Telkom offers is pathetic, I once also lodged a complaint on facebook and on hello peter and it does not shake Telkom. They continue to give the utmost worst service I have ever received. I would never want to deal with Telkom again. Pity I am bounded by contract. 

Although this is on a Telkom Website it is not monitor by them It is only sponsored and is for assistance by the community.  if there is a general problem that the community can help you with.

Telkom adise you to raise your concerns through their social media channels. I know this suck big time. Even DSTV has followed the route and have a community page, but at least they have people monitoring it of and on.

Regarding HelloPeter Telkom stop subscribing like many other comapnies when social media came to the fore. Also HelloPeter became expensive to subscribe and it is not so widely used as social media or seen by the general public.

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 Contributors