Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

High latency between 19:00 and 23:00

[ Edited ]

011 473 ****

Civin Street Brakpan

Reported Fault Numbers: 1023CRK020316 ; 309CRK160216

Every evening between 19:00 and 23:00 i have high latency between 200ms and 400ms. 

I stay in the brakpan area. I have reported this way too many times via twitter, sms and every possible way.

Does anyone else have this issue and can someone from telkom urgently assist?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: High latency between 19:00 and 23:00

Gamer i guess?

How have you been measuring the latency?  Simple pings to an international or local server?  I have seen that the service providers ignore these tests so I've trying to get more regular tests myself ... found a free tool called JDast that seems to work in giving me regular updates on the line conditions ... 

Good luck ..

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hello There,

Well usually i just track the latency with my teamspeak which has a PING indicator to the server and the games that i play also shows realtime connection latency to the servers.

I have taken a look at that program you suggested and it looks really cool, but telkom prefers me to do trace routes. The following trace routes were done using a telkom supplied account so that i can rule out my ISP in this factor:

The links to the screenshots are below.

It is really very annoying. I wish there was something more that i could do. The WISP's are taking their sweet time to get back to me and the LTE UNCAPPED is not available in my area.

Highlighted

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors