Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: How Many Fault Reports does it take to resolve a problem???

Hello  @ZELMARI @Goodale @shoayb

Sorry to hear you’re going through this harrowing frustration with no meaningful feedback . It’s just the pits not knowing when, or even if  faults are being worked on.

I also joined the community in a desperate search for help. Unfortunately the community can’t escalate service issues (we’re customers like you ), but we can usually suggest some options to try which helped us or others .

If you haven’t already done so; post your fault refs with details & dates on one of Telkom social media channels , they’ll usually escalate & give you proper feedback :-

Facebook: TelkomZA
Twitter:   @telkomza

Also email the same details to support@telkom.co.za ( my issues were sorted after that )

Good luck , hope this helps.

Highlighted
Established Member

Thank you
Much appreciated

Sent from my iPad
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi @shoayb,

Glad to try & help.  Connectivity problems on ADSL services can be caused by many different factors, often making it difficult to pinpoint where the fault lies.

Hope you're reconnected or have received a reasonable update ?   

Highlighted
Established Member

Thanks again

No joy from Telkom still

Sent from my iPad
Highlighted

Hi All,

I have reported a fault on my land line on 23 Dec 2017 (83CTK231217) and up to today, 8 Feb 2018 the fault has not been resolved.  On 9 Jan 2018 a technician called me when i was away from home and thus the technician could not check on the fault.  Since the 9 Jan 2018, i have been waiting for a technician to attend to the fault.  The standard reply i get from the call centre, 10210, is a technician is been assigned to the fault.  I eventually spoke to the senior technician in the area and get the same standard b***sh8t about a technician is assigned to the call.

This fault has been escalated with escalation number (1067227) and the call centre gives me the same feedback that a technician is working on it.

Eventaully i have fiound out that Telkom's fault allocation system is interesting, where the technician sees 1 job at a time and thus does not have the full list of jobs for the day. So i dont even know where on the list of jobs for the day is my fault going to be attended to.  Surely it does not take 8 weeks AND more longer to attend to No Service!!!

Highlighted

hi all i have the same problem of dead phone lines in 2 properties of mine and i have logged the faults several times and went to get assistance at the telkom stores and even had the service provider for my internet contact telkom and its going on for almost month, still no joy. the telkom agents are rude and not helpful.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi @sheens,

If you haven’t already done so; post your fault refs with details & dates on one of Telkom social media channels , they’ll usually escalate & give you proper feedback :-

Facebook: TelkomZA
Twitter:   @telkomza

Also email the same details to support@telkom.co.za ( my issues were sorted after that )

Hope this helps.

Highlighted

hi there

my ref no: are 174ANK120218 - 143ANK080218

i am so hoping that this will assist me in getting up and running. i run my business from home and this has lost me income since the lines have been down.

regards

anjani skonieczny

Highlighted

hi there

it seems that bad service in this country is normal for most large companies and telkom included. i have now also lost income as a result of no telephone line in my home office. it is over a month and still no service. i had to move out of my house and live away so that i have a working phone line and access to the internet. my cell phone bill is sky high but most attempts to get service delivery has fell on deaf ears.

i am really and truly shocked that telkom has treated us in this manner.

Highlighted

Hi All

I was wondering if maybe here would be the place to post as bad service repoening and new faults that never get fixed. I have had open issues on my line for the same issue for the past year and half. I keep opening it they keep it open for a week or two and then they just close it. This has been my life just for the past two weeks. I noticed that according to Telkom i can get a VDSL 40 meg line, they called me and offered me the service i told them there was a fault on the line. I then ordered the 40meg VDSL that funny enough the enigeer called to tell me i cant get it. They then put me on VDSL port. This all sound good right? Well here is the funny part. The issue is still open on the weekend I was getting 16meg on my ADSL linebut come monday afternoon i was moved to VDSL and locked back to 10meg. I have had zero comms from Telkom except the ocational feel good sms that they working on the problem. I called fault logging who tells me to call sales. am i just confused or is this what they do?

I am actualy considering going wireless till our area gets Fibre but even then if its openserv ill rather just stick with something els?

About This Post
  • 22 replies
  • 15 kudos
  • 12 Contributors