Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

INTERNET DROPPING AND LOW CONNECTIVITY

Hi there

Does anyone know how to solve my problem?  Have a Belkin router and in the last week, I lose internet signal every 10 minutes or so. When I re-set my router, the connectivity is very low. MWeb tell me the Belkin router is properly set up and Telkom have re-set the line.  The Telkom line is working fine. Any suggestions?

Highlighted

Re: INTERNET DROPPING AND LOW CONNECTIVITY

I would say that you need to try and get someone that is really willing to help you... 

Last night I experienced huge amounts of packet loss (40%++) and I got onto Crystal Web's live chat and this guy used TeamViewer to check out settings on my router - we did another mtr test afterwards and packet loss didnt exceed 1%... I was so impressed, I know this doesnt answer you question but I would say persist to talk to someone that is willing to check everything on your router. There are so many things that can cause slow internet Smiley Sad 

I hope you get help! 

Highlighted

Re: INTERNET DROPPING AND LOW CONNECTIVITY

I would also say that your problem is MWEB.  I have the same problem with my Telkom account, and when I took the free trial of Afrihost - all of those issues disappear while I'm signed into Afrihost's account.  Upon signing back to Telkom, the issues reappear.

A friend of mine who is with MWEB experienced the exact same thing.  He's moving over to Afrihost now.  They seem to have the right technical personel there (probably all the experienced engineers that Telkom fired)

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors