Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
RPH

Integrated Data Sim - Big Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi, I went to Telkom today to get an Integrated Data Sim.

To cut to the chase; the person assisting me said they couldn't activate the Sim because (GET THIS) I have 2 email addresses associated with my account (the primary one and one alias) !!!!!!??????? They said the only way to activate it is to remove all but the primary email address.....

So can anyone explain to me what is going on here ? What has having an alias got to do with not being able to activate my Integrated Data Sim ?

Why should I have to remove all my alias email addresses to be able to activate the Sim ?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Integrated Data Sim - Big Problem

interesting. i have 3 aliases and was able to get an ids. did you speak with the store manager regarding this? it would be better to get it activated in-store. hope you can get this sorted.

RPH

Seems the problem is that I have 2 email accounts (not aliases) associated with my account. Still have no idea why this is an issue and why they can't link it to my account; after all, it is one Telkom account... 

Regular Contributor

@RPH, sounds like a lame excuse, try a different agent at a different shop. As far as I know it must be linked to the ISP account tht has your ADSL data

RPH

@thesuspect It is a lame excuse. I sent them a message via Twitter and via email. They only replied back on Twitter saying:

"Hi, sorry about that. Unfortunately that is the option. Or if you want to keep the separate account there is an option where you will pay R15, 69 pm."

I then asked them why that is the case. They simply ignored every message I sent them after they gave me the above response. I expected nothing less from Telkom, so it didn't surprise me. How can you completely ignore a customer?, especially when they are asking (in my mind) a pretty reasonable question since their lackluster answer gave no information whatsoever. Disgusting.
Regular Contributor

Hmm if they tell you that you need to pay for the second account does that mean that all this time you have had a second account for free by accident. If so then sounds like Telkom should never have assigned a second account to your primary account.

RPH

No, when we signed up in 2012 you were allowed to have multiple mailboxes as part of one TIN account.

The point remains that the second email account shouldn't be an issue as the IDS should get linked to the primary email.
About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors