Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Integrated data service activation problem

I have activated my sim but  to complete the setup  I have to connect my mobile device to my Telkom Hauwei wifi router via USB.  My mobile device is an IPad with no USB port. 

Where do I go from here? 

Kind regards

Chris. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Integrated data service activation problem

@cmoerdyknot sure what you are trying to do. Why do you need to connect your iPad to the router via USB? Shouldnt you use wireless Wifi?

In which device did you put the SIM?

Established Member

Thanks very much for your response. Sim is in my iPad and according to Telkom I have to connect it to my router in order to complete the setup
You make a very good point though so I will also try and access the telkom setup site via my wifi
Many thanks
Chris

Chris Moerdyk - Sent from my iPhone
Frequent Contributor

This is a typical problem.  Many of the knowledge articles used by the Telkom desk people are based on traditional PCs that can connect with USB or ethernet cable to modems/routers... if you don't have these they go around in circles ....  

If you need more help you need to specify all of the equipment you have, how they are connected and what you are trying to achieve.  If you have a SIM in a USB dongle router you need to connect it to a PC to complete setup.  If the SIM is in the iPad it should just work unless it is not activated...

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Established Member

I have an iPad and my sim is activated. I have gone into my iPad settings and changed the APN settings to telkominternet. still not connecting.

Thanks for your help - I feel like I am 99,9% of the eay there….

Kind regards

Chris.
Frequent Contributor

I think there is a bit around iPad activation. Look on page 21/22 or so on link http://www.telkom.co.za/today/media/downloads/TelkomInternet_APN_Device_Settings_guide.pdf
Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Established Member

Many thanks - I will give it a try
Very much appreciate your help

Chris Moerdyk - Sent from my iPhone
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Which Hauwei Router do you have?

Regards

UncaPaul

Established Member

My router is a Hauwei HG532f

My sticking point here is that the Telkom instructions are to "download the certificate"  - no explanation of what certificate or where. 

Many thanks for the help 

regards

Chris. 

New Contributor

@cmoerdyk My pennies worth, the cable you use to charge the Ipad, this is also a USB cable when you remove the power adaptor. You will then have to configure the router to use the USB port. This way you will be able to use your Ipad as another connector to the Internet from a backup point of view if your primary link of the router goes down.

I endeavor to assist in application of Computer technology where ever I can assist.
About This Post
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 Contributors