Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Intermittent connection issues for 2months!!!

[ Edited ]

it has been going on 2 months that I have no internet connection at home. The line has a intermittent connection issue. Escalations upon escalations, still no correspondence of a possible date of resolution. Does the cable department exist or is this an imaginary department? I depend on my ADSL line as I work alot from home. I need answers rather than escalations!!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Intermittent connection issues for 2months!!!

Hi @lezandra

If you haven't already done so,  you can try to eliminate any possible problems on your side from this guide
: http://www.telkom.co.za/about_us/download/Telkom-Self-Diagnosis.pdf

Is your phone line is noisy / crackly ? If not , it might be your router - try testing the line on another router if you can.

Then If none of this helps post your fault & escalation refs with details on a Telkom social media channel - their dedicated support teams usually attend quickly and send you proper feedback:

Facebook: TelkomZA
Twitter:   @telkomza

and email the same to     support@telkom.co.za         ( my issues were fixed after that )

Hope this helps. good luck

Highlighted

Hi

Please note that the technician did come out on the 26th of January and confirmed that I have a faulty cable at which point he referred it to the cable department. Up until this day the cable department did not acknowledge my claim. I have tried resetting the modem and can confirm that the modem works perfectly and it is indeed a cable fault. I also noted my complaint on the TelkomSa page on Twitter, I did get a response that they will update the issue but I am still waiting for feedback. I will really appreciate it if this process is fast tracked as I use my adsl line for business. Thank you
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @lezandra,

Good the fault's being attended, but yes it can take a while-  I understand it's often difficult to identify where the problem is on line faults.

The forum isn't manned by Telkom service agents  - we're customers like you , but you could follow up  social media team progress  by emailing the fault ref & details to support@telkom.co.za ( my issues were fixed after that ).

Hope you're reconnected soon .

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 Contributors