Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
lj
Established Member

Internet Speed problem not addressed.

Is there any one person I can speak to at Telkom who can help me the issue i've been having with my internet speed being way too slow? Ive called their contact centre mulitiple times, emailed them from this site and I am given the runaround every time. I'm seriously considering changing my service provider at this stage too, so if anyone has information on worth while alternatives I'd be most grateful. Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: Internet Speed problem not addressed.

Hi @lj as per the other thread - let's continue here and see if there is anything I can help with.

First things:

1. How are you checking your internet speed?  Speedtest?  Are you wired or wireless when checking?  Do you check local or against an international server?
  2. Can you share your router stats?  Particularly interested in attentuation, SNR and any errors etc. on the statistics.
  3. Are there any noticeable patterns in terms of the speed?  Worse in the evening or on weekends?

I think after these basic questions we can check on your setup, type of router, how you are connected etc.

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
lj
Established Member

@j0766 hi thanks so much for all the help. I'll send you all the details in the morning when I'm back home at the router
lj
Established Member

@j0766 

1 I am checking speed via Okla speedtest I am including a screenshot to show results.

Wireless when checking

Router is working fine. I have no idea about attenuation etc, 

Local server whenever i can actually find one

IMG_2883.PNG

Highlighted
New Contributor

@lj
If the problem has been constant for 6 months, consider wireless or LTE. 

If not, post your line statistics and status in text form here Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Ok @lj - your attachment didn't come through or is blocked on my side.  Will check it again later to see if I can see it but you have a few problems:

1. You should be trying the speedtest wired.  If you are even just 2 meters away from your wireless router with apparent full signal your results will be affected.  I did an automated hourly speedtest from 6 meters away and then did one with a device sat on top of the router and the difference was phenomenal...  other signals and interference in our ever increasingly wireless worlds I guess.
  2. You should be able to find router statistics on your router itself when you log in.  What type of router is it so that I can help guide you where to check?
Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors