Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Internet and Landline is down for 8 days

Telkom line has been down since 23rd March. I have tried logging faults and also calling on fault lines and sales. Nothing has been fixed. I have had 2 reference numbers. This is ridiculous. What type of service is this. I am loosing business at home. No one picks up the phone nor answer back to emails. Help in regards to cancelling the adsl line. This is urgent. 

I am very disappointed with service. i will not pay anything in April

Re: Internet and Landline is down for 8 days

have you tried Telkom on facebook or @HelloTelkom  on twitter, those guys are very helpful

[ Edited ]

Dear Friend, I hoped to find clues as to how to solve this dead-end situation. I have the same problem. My daughter is in her final year and cannot access her university webpage to update her assignments or interact with fellow students.

Had a Telkom reference number from day one on which the service failed, got very friendly call centre help every time, the latter telling me yesterday that the technician assigned to fix things was not answering his cellphone. Perhaps he has gone to look for employment elsewhere or is spending his end-of-the-month paycheck. Have asked for his ID to report him, but was told that this is against company rules. Have aked to speak to his manager, but the man was busy with other matters. I was promised to get called back. Gave my work and private cell phone numbers. He's going to call back, I'm sure. Might take a week or two, though, at the pace things are progressing. Simply not fair - coming back from a brief holiday, my daughter was itching to get started on her work, but now frustrated to the point of tears, a top student, being discriminated agasinst by the Telkom monopoly. Sad affair indeed. When Telkom was still good on its promises, crossed lines were fixed the same day. It's now more than 10 days...

have tried sending messages everywhere. Thanks for the reply though. I went to the office just now in eastgate and they were trying to avoid that it could be Telkom's fault. Nothing called customer satisfaction. No value at all of the customer, we pay so much for these services and nothing is done. 

This is absolutely ridiculous 'Doyourbest'....seriously they dont understand anything. They dont care if people are failing. I am also worried because of same reason. My sister is doing her post grad and waiting to hand in assignments and work through the university website. Now she has to go to Wits to do it on a holiday.  When i asked today at the office why does it take so long, they said No it should be sorted out in 24 hours...i said its been 10 days. First of all i dont understand how the poles and boxes are in someone else's house..stupidest design i have ever heard of. 

Hi 'Yeeshu06' - Call centre at last got hold of the technician who promised action no later than Monday - I said I won't let go if it's not fixed in 2 hours from now. My girl has gone to work at my brother's place now, but she can't do the important stuff for her assignments there - the downloaded software she needs for one of her majors and which the university is licensed for is registered only on her PC at home and she can't access it from anywhere else.

I've asked to get a call back in 30 minutes as to what is going to happen TODAY and will keep you posted. Perhaps we can get better results in future if we all keep up the pressure. Bulldog determination. That's what we need. Hope you get your problem solved today, and I agree that one doesn't want to pay for this in April (just got my new account yesterday, dead on time, service or no service) but by not paying you then unfortunately simply get cut off, no skin off Telkom's nose. So, don't let go! All the best till soon, hopefully.

So yes, the sun is setting, technicians are knocking off, flowery promises were made, nothing happened.

Unhappy, disappointed, frustrated - doesn't make a microscopic fraction of a difference to our national service provider. The original technician was taken off at around noon today, and a new one assigned, who is happening to work in our area. I sincerely hope that the new cycle of calling and waiting and getting new promises isn't reset to start from scratch. We're into the 2nd weekend and classes are beginning again on Monday.

hmm i am sorry to hear that. it is a mission. they called me twice that it will be fixed in 2 hours...its been 8 haha. i hope they fix yours quick for your daughter. i am changing my internet. I will go now to the shop and cancel my line.

About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 Contributors