Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Internet light is red on router

my internet light is red on my router. I'm sure it is usually green? and I cant get my emails or browse the net.

Any ideas? I'm desperate, loosing business.

Highlighted

Re: Internet light is red on router

Hi, that ussually means there is an issue with your internet account service provider (Telkom ISP, Mweb, Vox, etc) and that the modem cannot authenticate your username and password. I would suggest that you verify that the correct username and password is entered on the modem.

Is it a Netgear modem?

Highlighted
Contributor

You hit the nail on the head. My router was on the blink the other day and I messed with my settings. Forgot to add the ...@telkomsa.net at the end of my username. Fixed it and A-for-a-way.

Thanks, this has been a great experience

Highlighted

Yes NETGEAR 32. Telkom technicl blames sales who blames billing who blames technical. In the mean time I cannot use internet.

Switched over to GConnect and Afrihost with no problem, so Telkom is my problem and nobody knows what to do.

@sscomputers wrote:

Hi, that ussually means there is an issue with your internet account service provider (Telkom ISP, Mweb, Vox, etc) and that the modem cannot authenticate your username and password. I would suggest that you verify that the correct username and password is entered on the modem.

Is it a Netgear modem?

Highlighted

How do i check my username and password? The one ive written down in the store does not seem to be working
About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 Contributors