Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Internet username and password?

So i just installed ADSL at my home but cant log in or anything. The username and password they sent to me does not take on the webmail site or the normal telkom site? I tried sending emails but no one responds and the online chat guys take forever to log in? All i want to know is where can i use this password or where can i go in to reset it.

If i try reset it on the Telkom site it says authentication error email address not recognised. I copy and pasted directly from the sms.

Any Ideas. I have ADSL now 2 days and havent managed to browse one thing?

Established Member

Re: Internet username and password?

Hi @Flyeboy,

Was this a Self Installation or did a technician pay you a visit? Generally after a DSL install, you must verify your ADSL line.

You first need to login using the telkom guest account details after which you have successfuly done will be able to change your username and pass to the one in the SMS on your router and start browsing the internet. Let us know where you are having an issue.

Part 1/2

1) Put the Telkom guest account details as follows:

Username: guest@telkomadsl

Password: guest

*Note: This will only allow you to access the Telkom site. 

2) Access the following address and input your 10 digit telephone number followed by your Order No.

http://apps.telkom.co.za/ADSLVERIFY_NEW/verifyRequest.do

Heres a short url - http://goo.gl/0MwdPn

3) Once this is done, you should see a message saying you are successful or similar.

Part 2/2

1) Simply enter your SMS credentials in your router and you should be good to go.

If for some reason you still do not come right, get in contact with 10210.

Kind Regards,

Hit that Thumbs Up/Kudos button if I or another member in the community has helped you. It can only inspire us to do better in helping everyone like yourself. Thank You! ❤
About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors