Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is the Telkom Integrated Sim a SCAM

I went to a Telkom Direct Store on the 14/04/2018 to get a Integrated Sim as I was told that as a Telkom Unlimited customer I could get one. In the store the lady told me that the sim was ready to use immediately, but when I got home nothing worked. I phoned Telkom support number on Monday & spoke with Simpiwe, who told me that the sim was perhaps not yet linked to my ADSL profile & thats why its not working, so he would log a call with the relevant department & it should be sorted out in 48 hours. After 6 days of nothing, I phoned back & the ADSL/Fixed Line Dept said everything was showing correctly on their side & the Mobile Dept needed to help me so they transfered me to Mobile support. They helped me with all the needed settings & after being 40 minutes on the phone it finally worked. BUT AFTER SWITCHING MY ROUTER OFF, CHARGING THE DEVICE & SWITCHING IT BACK ON, THE INTERNET WAS UNAVAILABLE. I phoned Telkom Mobile Dept directly again the next day & this time, they gave me completely different setting from the day before, that did not work at all. I told the lady the setting was not the same, but she proceeded to argued with me about this, lol. Then in a moment of panic wanted to transfer me back to the ADSL/Fixed Line dept to avoid my questions regarding their settings being different in the space of 24hrs. Then I asked to speak to the Supervisor, whom they said was busy, but I asked to wait & @ exactly after an hour they HANGED UP ON ME? CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? THEY LITERALLY PUT THE PHONE DOWN ON A CUSTOMER? This is just a Telkom Integrated Sim, why can't anyone at Telkom get this SIM working. Is this a GHOST SERVICE?

Regular Contributor

Re: Is the Telkom Integrated Sim a SCAM

[ Edited ]

Please list the two settings so we can look for you

What device are you plugging the IDS into?

The 1st setting I recieved was to make a profile with the word "internet" & in the apn field, put the word "internet" again.

The next day they gave told me create a profile "8ta & in the apn field, put the word "apn".

Also at the store they told me to create a profile "TelkomInternet" & apn again "TelkomInternet". 

None of these worked. Device is a huawei e5330.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know why I have to do Telkom's bloody job for them.

Click on the "Download File" in the green box below and look at pg6 of these instuctions to show you how to configure the APN settings when talking to the admin page of your device

Regular Contributor

Still not working, but thanks for trying to help. It shows connected on the Huawei admin page but still get an error "no internet available" when opening a web page. Did the settings on Android Device also and tried to connecting to my phone. Same problem. 

Regular Contributor

It looks like Telkom hasn't linked your IDS to your broadband account. If it's showing as connected but you have no Internet then that's my guess.

I would take the device with the SIM installed into a Telkom shop & let them find the problem as you should be getting at least 2GB availabe on your IDS.

Highlighted

Ok will do that. Thanks
About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors