Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lack of urgency in installation of ADSL line

Mine is the story of a business that simply doesnt care about signing up new customers. I made enquiries about an ADSL line about two months ago and left my details on the Telkom website for an agent to call me as they promised. Two weeks went past without any response. I then left my deatils again and after two weeks eventually an agent called me. After supposedly opening an account, there was no contact from Telkom to arrange for installation. Two weeks later, i called to enquire as to what was happening, only to be told by the call centre agent that she could not pick up my details on the system, this despite the fact that i had a reference number. The agent told me there was nothing she could do, and that is how the conversation ended. i still hoped that somebody would eventually call me.

A week later a called again and this time around the agent was more helpfull. she explained that sometimes the sales person takes time to capture the deals on the system,and she kindly assisted me to reapply. a week later a received an sms advising me that my installation would be done on the 27th November. I called the centre to reschedule the appointment, and a new date of the 3rd December was arranged. Again I received an sms confirming this. To my surprise, a day before, I received an sms advising me that Telkom has dipatched a technician to do my installation. I called the call centre again and understand why the date has been changed without consulting with me. The lady explained that there was nothing she could do, and she would leave a message for the back office on the system, as they are the ones scheduling the installations. I expected a call which never came. On the 3rd, no technician pitched at my house to do the installation. i am at a stage were i am asking myself the question: do i have to beg Telkom to give them business? Sipho Maseko has his work cut out for him, in amking this dinasaur responsive to the needs of the customers. I am at a stage where my patronage of telkom will always be a grudge purchase,and i will jump at the first available alternative. Telkom's monopoly on the infrastucture is bound to come to an end sooner rather than later, as competitors are making inroads though the roll out of fiber to the home. I cant wait for the day the first fiber cable runs past my house!

Super Admin
Super Admin

Re: Lack of urgency in installation of ADSL line

Hi @Chisiboy

Try one of our service channel options to follow up on your order

Found in: How To Get Help

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due! 

The response above proves how indifferent Telkom is towards customer complaints. Instead of investigating and holding those responsible for the sloppy service accountable, a Telkom representative instead refers a customer to another channel, for the customer to jump through more loops. No one takes resposibility for the resolution of customer complaints. They all want to get rid of you as quickly as possible. This is pathetic!

@Chisiboy wrote:

The response above proves how indifferent Telkom is towards customer complaints. Instead of investigating and holding those responsible for the sloppy service accountable, a Telkom representative instead refers a customer to another channel, for the customer to jump through more loops. No one takes resposibility for the resolution of customer complaints. They all want to get rid of you as quickly as possible. This is pathetic!

People like you ruin forums like this... 

Same issue here. They come out and every time they have some excuse of not being able to do it. I am so sick of the poor service and nobody wants to take responsibility! My application has been going on for months now.
Frequent Contributor

I am with you 100% - I would rather give an organisation a chance before simply jumping ship.  I saw someone else saying #Telkommustfall and I disagree - i think #telkombadservicemustfall ...  and we can make it happen.  Regardless of those who work for Telkom and are appointed moderators here to come and say that you must go to another channel and use that to air your grievances... Telkom pushed me to this channel over the phone when I listened for 30 minutes every day for the last 7 days to them telling me that I should come to the community ...

Now I am here and now I will make this my place, and I will take back the service that I deserve.  Telkom can make me stop by resolving 196BRK080116 that has been open for 6 days already .... but then again i might have so much fun getting people mobilised against the bad service from Telkom that I might just continue ?

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Frequent Contributor

@Quint77 wrote:

@Chisiboy wrote:

@Quint77@Really?  I think it we are the community and the forum.  Telkom pushed us here and @Chisiboy is right - they push us in all different directions to make handling the real complaints easier for them.  It is time we stand up and be counted and take back the service we deserve...

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)

@j0766 wrote:

@Quint77 wrote:

@Chisiboy wrote:

@Quint77@Really?  I think it we are the community and the forum.  Telkom pushed us here and @Chisiboy is right - they push us in all different directions to make handling the real complaints easier for them.  It is time we stand up and be counted and take back the service we deserve...

Hi @j0766,

Did you even read the terms and conditions when you signed up? You specifically agreed to not use this channel as a complaints forum. So yes, you are indeed ruining the experience for those that actually use this forum for what it is intended for. I am not saying that you should not complain, I am saying do not complain on a forum that is NOT intended for complaints AND  then complain about not getting service on a channel that DOES NOT PROVIDE support. 

After all that, I really do hope you get the support you need. 

Frequent Contributor

For sure @Quint77 - not sure if there are other rules I might have missed but I read the community guidelines even before joining the community and saying anything.  I would say the rules can basically be summarised by the following:

Ensure that you post constructive posts, stay on topic and post in the right boards and that you do so specifically and to the point.  Be careful not to assumed that everything said here is factual and perfect. We are all humans, respect the moderators and also the service providers - everyone should be treated like you expect to be treated.  Give credit where credit is due and the biggest of all of it be yourself and try to benefit and contribute.  Some don't are implied like don't disrespecting fellow members, use bad language, go off topic, spam or post inappropriate or illegal material.   Also don't pose as someone you are not or doing anything that can be regarded as dishonest.  Keep your info save, and use private messages when necessary.

As for your comment the only one I could find that might have made you belief that we should not complain is the one about being constructive – be constructive and positive.  This doesn’t say you shouldn't criticize but I read it as saying don’t moan if you are not prepared to work together to find a solution.  Very different perspective.  Being constructive is to complain and to offer ways to improve, being destructive is to complain and then to throw your hands in the air, offer threats and simply walk away ....

Highlighted

@j0766 

I read what you say and agree, I totally do. I do apologise for lashing out the way I did - I just find it very frustrating that we agree to not use this as a complaints board yet every 2nd post is about a complaint... I joined this forum so I can seek help and offer help. I have made some contribution to this forum and its members and actually thought this is a great idea because I know ISP's do not really assist you, it is the guys at home that fixes things themselves (like me) and I simply wanted to connect with more of those individuals - and yes I have already made new friends! 

I understand Telkom is not assisting everyone like they should, I do get that... I understand people are frustrated about this too.. But please, very big please - do not inconvenience others because of your frustration with Telkom? 

Maybe I am wrong and I do not understand this forum, but I do know that all members have to agree to NOT use this as a complaints board and I sure the moderators will agree. 

Also note, whenever I used the word "you" - it is not directed at you specifically. 

About This Post
  • 12 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 Contributors