Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Let me run you Through my day

[ Edited ]

I work 9 Hours a day.

I get Home at about 18:30 every night and I would like to sit down and enjoy some online gaming or maybe even Netflix or YouTube so I open up my browser or start my game and start enjoying it and the BAM the internet cuts out.

Not just the internet but the DSL as well...and as a result I get KICKED from my game or my video CRASHED. 

A little frustrated I wait it out as I have seen that Telkom is upgrading the line around my area.

But no.

This has been going on for the 3 WEEKS and my internet cuts out EVERY DAM HOUR! There is nothing I can do. I have been trying to call the call center but oh boy in the past 2 weeks I've been on hold for about 9 hours. 9 HOURS of my life wasted!

I don’t know how many times they have tried to reset my ports but it seems they don’t listen.

I have even tried changing ISP's but that’s not the case.

The exchange closest to me (which is apparently 3 KILOMETERS AWAY) is getting over loaded(and then I get the boot) and my line is too noisy apparently. 

I just have 1 Simple questions that I would like answered.

1. When Will I Be able to use my INETENET (on a stable level), THAT I AM PAYING FOR.

I honestly cannot explain in words how angry I am. All I want to do is use my internet. 

Please Telkom

HELP ME

Regular Contributor

Re: Let me run you Through my day

Hi @nathank35, you seem frustrated to say the least, but have you had a technician around to repair your line. You need to log a fault, get a alphanumeric ref and wait for a tech to repair any fault. I think you can even just SMS you number to log a fault (no waiting for the C Centre). Here are their service channels...

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Let me run you Through my day

[ Edited ]

hi @nathank35

as @thesuspect hinted, it's peer to peer on here,
I sit with this frustration on a regular basis at my parents, so I know the feeling, the dslam in their area has been constantly faulty and it just feels like there's no end to the excuses, and no replacement anytime soon by the looks of it.

Every 2nd or 3rd week I have to head out to them cause their line cut out at exactly 12:00 am, the routers etc are fine.

I'd recommend moving to LTE or getting a wireless alternative if you've logged more than 15 calls in the past 3 months.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors