Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MOVING ADSL LINE INTO HOLDING POOL

BEEN READING UP ON THIS, AND I REALISE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS ISSUE.

I AM TRYING TO MOVE MY ADSL LINE INTO THE HOLDING POOL BECAUSE I SWITCHED MY ISP. I FOLLOWED ALL THE STEPS AS INDICATED BY TELKOM. SENT ALL THE EMAILS, GOT ALL THE CONFIRMATIONS. BUT AN OPERATOR NEVER GOT BACK TO ME. SO I PHONED TELKOM YESTERDAY AND THE CONSULTANT CONFIRMED THAT MY ADSL LINE HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE HOLDING POOL. HOWEVER, WHEN I INFORMED MY ISP OF THIS THEY RESPONDED AND SAID THEY GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE: OTHER OPERATOR ACTIVE.

THIS MEANS THAT THE ADSL LINE HAS NOT BEEN MOVED YET. 

HAVING ALREADY SIGNED UP WITH THE NEW ISP, I GET BILLED. HOWEVER, AS I WORK FROM HOME A LOT OF THE TIME, I CANNOT CANCEL MY CONTRACT WITH MY CURRENT ISP, AS I REQUIRE INTERNET TO BE ABLE TO DO MY WORK. THEREFORE I AM BEING DOUBLE BILLED AT THE MOMENT BECAUSE TELKOM IS NOT MOVING THE ADSL LINE INTO THE HOLDING POOL. JUST AS AN FYI, MY ADSL LINE RENTAL WAS DONE THROUGH TELKOM AND NOT THROUGH MY OLD ISP. 

New Contributor

Re: MOVING ADSL LINE INTO HOLDING POOL

Hi @ruanoelofsen

Caps-locking it out on these forums would be relatively futile. 
But to offer some guidance, IIRC telkom requires a 30day notice prior to things like this. Same goes for the ISP, sadly if you cancelled at telkom and moved to Mweb or something of the sort this problem will occur. 
When was your cancellation logged?
do you have all the relevant proof?

if so, try going to a direct store. Most times the people at the direct store will be able to offer more assistance, as the people sitting in the call centers mostly operate from a script where they give feedback based on whatever info they provide their system. Basically a non-relevant FAQ. 

You  could try their facebook/twitter channels for more convenient assistance without the waiting period.

Dev

[ Edited ]

Hi There,

@ruanoelofsen

@Haiku_za

we are having the same issue, trying to get the ADSL line into the Holding Pool, it is such a long process on getting the ADSL line moved, but when getting it activated that can be done instantly over the phone. Why do they not just keep it simple.

We send through docs to the emial provided the cancellation@telkom.co.za. but did not get any feedback as yet, we called in after a week and they said we have to send it to there fax line. but on the forms it states to send the forms to the cancellations email.

Please advise how you sorted your one out.

Regards

Dev

I am in the same predicament.

Sent several emails the specified email address already (started 23 Jan 2017). Just the automated manager.

Being a business and in charge of the internet infrastructure, I'm getting flack from all directions.

Called in several times to the call centers:

*Once I was told that the new isp must request the move to pool - even thought I knew this changed in 2015?

*The technical departments are the only people who actually tries. Good on you guys, even though your hands are chopped off.

This is no longer amusing...

New Contributor

@Dev
What I did was phone the nearest direct store (which was in potchefstroom for me) and asked to speak to one of the managers or someone in charge of business accounts.
She put me through to the sales manager for that store. I requested her email to send documentation through to and requested a verbal confirmation that she received it as well as an e-mail response. She then carried it over to cancellations. But in essence, if your email was sent and it was a business letterhead for example, then you have proof that you applied to cancel, in which case you'll be credited on your telkom account for any billing occuring between cancellation period and current day.
Highlighted

I cannot find an email address for Telkom that I can use as it seems to be hopeless to try & phone them. Terrycoc

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 Contributors