Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Microsoft Office 365 SMTP incompatibilty

[ Edited ]

I recently installed Office 365 and could not get the Telkom account setup properly in the Outlook app.

I kept getting a SMTP error.

I verified the email password by logging into my Do Messaging webpage.

I discovered that I could get the account set up successfully by typing "Control Panel" in the search box at the bottom left of your screen and then click on User accounts and then the Mail icon.

Now add your Telkom account using this method, making sure not to use encryption for the SMTP port 25 setting.

I had tried to call Telkom about this problem and they simply told me that the Telkom email system is not compatiable with Office 365!

I mean can you believe this rubbish that Telkom think they're more important than Microsoft!

Re: Microsoft Office 365 SMTP incompatibilty

@hongkongpom wrote:

I recently installed Office 365 and could not get the Telkom account setup properly in the Outlook app.

I kept getting a SMTP error.

I verified the email password by logging into my Do Messaging webpage.

I discovered that I could get the account set up successfully by typing "Control Panel" in the search box at the bottom left of your screen and then click on the Mail icon.

Now add your Telkom account using this method, making sure not to use encryption for the SMTP port 25 setting.

I had tried to call Telkom about this problem and they simply told me that the Telkom email system is not compatiable with Office 365!

I mean can you believe this rubbish that Telkom think they're more important than Microsoft!

Hi, please help me? I am at  standstill trying to set up my email with Office 365. You say you clicked on the mail icon on Control Panel, I am unable to see that icon. Can you please direct me how to get it? Regards

Frequent Contributor

Select User accounts in Control panel and you'll see the mail icon

Thank you - I had exactly the same problem and finally resorted to Google & found your solution - worked a treat !

Can anybody help me how to do this on a Mac? I have been searching but am still stuck!

Can anybody help me on how to fix this on a Mac? possible at all?

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 Contributors