Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

My nightmare with Telkom

Please see my Telkom nightmare statistics for this month below:

01. - 09.11.: Intermittent breaking off and very slow internet connection but the landline is working fine
10.-19.11: No internet, no landline available
20.-23.11.: Internet is working fine, but no landline available

24.11.: No internet and no landline available
24.11. Message from the technician, that the fault number 257CNZ211016 has been restored. This was a fault with the reference number from the 21st of October, but contrary to the SMS the line was not fixed. A call to their service centre had the result, that they will not close the above reference number.

25.11.: No internet and landline available.  
25.11.: I got a new reference number, because they closed nonetheless the the case with the above number from October.

26.11.: No internet and landline available
26.11. SMS from the technician, that the fault number 461CNZ251116 has been restored. A technician made again a false statement and closed my case!
26.11. A new reference number has been created.
27.-30.11: No internet and no landline available.

The whole trouble began on the 16th of September and cost me a lots of time and money.  I had similiar issues the whole Octtober.
Fault number 234CNK011016, 159CNK131016, 257CNZ211016, case number 569360510, ref. number 1223093, fault number 257CNZ11016, 461CNZ251116, 127CNZ261116.

I really do not know whom to contact any more. I feel fooled around and only get ripped out of my money.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: My nightmare with Telkom

@Antonia, have you got any spare POTS filters with your Router? Have you tried swapping the filter?

Highlighted

Re: My nightmare with Telkom

Thanks a lot for your help, but it´s not the filter and not the modem-router either. I had 2 technician visits in November. Both told me, that the fault is not in my premises, its is a copper cable failure and they would forward the matter to the cable people.

Today I had a technician again there. He cheked the cabling within and without the premises, the filter and  the connection with his own router too. There is no syncing at all. After all he went to the exchange, came back and told me, that the port at the exchange is faulty and he will move me to another port. I dont know what he tried to fix, but I am still without an internet and landline.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors