Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NAKED ADSL

[ Edited ]

WHEN WILL WE BE GETTING NAKED DSL????????

Occasional Contributor

Re: NAKED ADSL

Good question. Never heard the term so I looked it up - basically a data line without dial-tone / call capability.

Wikipedia says that in the US the service providers are only relunctantly allowing it, and even then only if the customer purchases another product. Selling a standard DSL line is more lucrative - telkom sells the same line twice (remember the seperate telephone line subscription and ADSL line cost you pay?) without additional overhead. "Naked" DSL would mean they lose the telephone line income, and given the upsurge of cellular phone - can telkom risk the loss of income?

but is it okay to pay for a service you are not using?

if they cannot offer nake dsl, i feel sorry for telkom when we get fibre in my neighbour(but then again roll out is bad, doubt i will see fibre in my neighbour before im 40. so i guess they will rape us until that day comes.)

you speak off maintaince why is the post system paying for the dsl system its pointless, plus they losing out on so many customers that are pre paid.

regards,

alan

where is naked adsl?

I really enjoy to play this game,such a great free roblox robux and i hope you enjoy very well.

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors